John Smiths Extra Smooth

Closed Thread

John Smiths Extra Smooth

has anyone ever seen this beer in Hong Kong... John Smiths Extra Smooth... I kind of miss it a bit... well, a lot, really

You arent, perchance, from the north of britain are you?

Anyway, I think ive seen it in LKF somewhere, they defo have boddingtons, which is much the same....

Boddingtons the same as John Smiths ????
    I don't think Barry in China will see it that way ...

lol, well to be honest it wont taste the same here as in the uk anyway so....

hmm, is John Smiths bitter or ale? Well either way, you can get bitter and ale here, and no doubt in the morning when the 'vetern expats' are posting they will be able to recommend somewhere....

And on that note, where can one buy Youngs (pref. London Pride)

Er, London Pride is Fullers, not Youngs. You can get in bottles at the Hong Kong Brew House in LKF; if you want it at the correct temperature then you'll need to talk nicely to them to find a bottle that hasn't been in the fridge.

John Smith's Extra Smooth is about as close to real beer as HK Legco is to a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Monkey:
    You arent, perchance, from the north of britain are you?

Anyway, I think ive seen it in LKF somewhere, they defo have boddingtons, which is much the same....

ayup lad where's me flat cap and 't whippet...not really no I come fromthe south east... and no boddingtons is not quite the same... if I want piss I'll drink me own.

Lol.

Sorry, i meant youngs london special (special london ale) to the non-initiated. Its one of the bottled collection - im guessing that even if u could get youngs special (draft) here it would taste funny unless it was imported cause of the water....

That said, i still prefer beer 97% of the time...