Anyone in their 40's on this board?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone in their 40's on this board?

Hi,
    I posted about 6 months ago before I moved to Hong Kong and hooked up with another forty-something but unfortunately her plans to move to HK fell through and I never got to meet her.

Here's me:

Forty-something. Been in Hong Kong since July. I work for a great company, but I'm the only American there (I'm from New York). I'm not into the bar scene -I was many years ago, but now I'm just not. So how do forty-something females who are unmarried and new in town spend their weekends? How do I meet other people like me (I'm not looking to meet men specifically - just friends)? I live in a totally Chinese neighborhood (San Po Kong). I'm taking a Mandarin class at the YMCA and there are some other expats there, but beyond that, what's the story? Any other 40's out there?

Katharine

Dear Katherine,
    Are you still in HK? I have worked in Manhattan, New York for many years and lived there for more than two years. Most of the time, I lived in New Jersey. I am glad if I can help you.

sunnyqiu3, you will have to edit out your email & number as it's against rules to post public. Send them via private message instead.

Baron,
    Thanks for telling me that. I am new on this site. Can you tell me how to edit it?

I have worked in Manhattan, New York for many years and lived there for more than two years. Most of the time, I lived in New Jersey. I am glad if I can help you.

I have sent you an email to the address you posted before.

Thanks!

sunnyqiu, go back to your original post and there should be an "edit" button. It's on the right hand side of the message box. Hit that and remove your personal information.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyqiu3:
    Baron,
    Thanks for telling me that. I am new on this site. Can you tell me how to edit it?.

you can only edit your message for ten minutes after you post it. If your lucky (or you PM them) the administrators might delete it for you.
    Last edited by Laughing_Monkey; 30-10-2005 at 11:19 AM. Reason: wrong quote!

Thumbs up 40+??? There's lots of us!

Hello Katherine,

I'm 46, an Australian teacher, and have been in HK for almost five years. I haven't met many men that look promising relationship wise -mostly my company has been with fantastic and adventurous like-minded women here in HK of our age! I have kept company with a Cathay pilot for about two years, but its the usual story with them - he's married, with kids, tells me the marriage is more or less over (yeah right!), he's here every two weeks, we go out and have dinner (he pays) and then we fool around, we keep up the pretence of emailing now and then, and that's about it. Suits me!! Meanwhile, I keep my eyes open, and there are some mighty fine looking Chinese men about, especially in TST, and about my height too! but they never approach. Sigh.

So, I'm into hiking, and eating, and movies, and reading on my cosy sofa at home. I love to walk new paths 'round the city (I live near Aberdeen) and discover great new markets or investigate new Chinese vegetables, talk to the stall holders (if I can), or other shoppers, about how to cook other weird looking Chinese things. I never do (cook them, I mean) but it intrigues me how the Chinese have certain seasonal fare, and I like to try it. It's all very interesting, and I have to say that I have experienced a great deal of hospitality and friendliness from the local folks. I am very grateful to them, and they deserve a great city to live in.

So, if you would care to meet sometime for coffee, just let me know. If you respond to this, I'd be happy to send you my contact details privately. Of course, you may prefer to associate more with folks from your side of the world, and in your line of business. But if you would care to break out, then I'm always up for meeting new people. Hong Kong has such a transient gweilo (foreigner) community, I find that many of the friends I started out with, have, or are about to, return home. I find I MUST keep meeting new contacts so as not to feel isolated. It's a little harder to do that when you are of our age and do not want to hang in bars at LKF.

So...give me a hoy! (That's Aussie for 'get in touch with me'!)

Cheers,
    Angela.

Smile

Thanks a lot to CosmoKat and Laughing Monkey. I e-mailed them asking them to delete my post message. The problem is sovlved.

Sunny

Last edited by sunnyqiu3; 30-10-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast