Like Tree33Likes

Jaywalking

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Remember, if you have to run, you broke your cool and fucked up - a fine might serve to emphasise the point.
    Can't you just run from the police after your jaywalk?

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Can't you just run from the police after your jaywalk?
    Depends on how fit you are and if you have bad luck by meeting robocop
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Depends on how fit you are and if you have bad luck by meeting robocop
    I wonder what the odds of being caught are? Didn't get fined, or even warned once in my time in Hong Kong.
    blandy62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I wonder what the odds of being caught are? Didn't get fined, or even warned once in my time in Hong Kong.
    Thinking the same, 10 years in HK, not a single fine. Similar case as when I bought a sportscar in Sweden, drove it a whole season, probably were speeding 80% of all the miles I put on that car (9000 km), often twice the speed limit. Not a single ticket. My Feng Shui must be strong..

My Feng Shui must be strong..
    Don't tempt fate...
    blandy62, RobRoy and ali_ster like this.

Thinking the same, 10 years in HK, not a single fine. Similar case as when I bought a sportscar in Sweden, drove it a whole season, probably were speeding 80% of all the miles I put on that car (9000 km), often twice the speed limit. Not a single ticket. My Feng Shui must be strong..
    Wait til you get one big whooper.... You just jinxed yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

I was only once stopped by a posse of "Yellow Perils" in Wanchai demanding my ID for crossing when I (allegedly) crossed against a red pedestrian sign.

I had the foresight to tender my Sultanate of Oman Military ID card, which I still had, and that perplexed them !!

And after a short time they "let me go" as they realised that a non-resident would be impossible to take to court.

I still keep that Military Card handy !!

[/B]
    hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Did you ever really think this is about road safety?
    The police do think it does. Or they state they do.

They also emphasised that the police would take stringent enforcement action against jay walking, and that the offence could fetch a fine of as much as $2,000. Following this operation, Dr Liu Kai-ming and officers of HKRSP thanked the Road Safety Team for planning the whole exercise. They hope the operation would halt the rising trend of traffic accidents involving the elderly.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/05_...edestrian.html

They also seem to believe old pedestrians lack improvements in reducing injuries in their collision with vehicles and have not progressed at the same rate as passengers in ever improving ncap rated cars can be solved by activity such as handing out leaflets.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10