William Russel

Closed Thread

William Russel

I am signing up with them for insurance...

just wanted to see if anyone had major issues with them...

i also wanted to know what the excess payment is actually. In US we have co-payments, which you pay each visit to a doctor, and the payment varies depending on type of visit, but ranges from 10-50 US dollars. I dont understand the excess payment for William russel...

anyone?

I have found them to be very good and recommend them to all my clients. The only thing to remember with William Russell is that they do not cover pre-existing conditions.

The excess payment is the amount you will have to pay for every out-patient claim where a claim is the total cost of treatment or course of treatment for a condition. For example if you have to visit the doctor several times for the same condition and the total bill comes to US$250 then you would need to pay the first $50 and you could claim back the rest. This is only for out-patient visits and is per condition or course of treatment.

Hope that helps

and do i pay up front, and they reimburse me?

and do I need to check with them before i go to doctor?

and lastly, am I correct to say there is no "in-network" and "out-of-network"?

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart:
    and do i pay up front, and they reimburse me?
    Yes you need to pay first and claim the money back for out-patient bills. Hospitals can usually deal direct with William Russell and so you should not need to pay

and do I need to check with them before i go to doctor?
    No, only for hospitalisation where you need pre-approval or if it is an emergency you need to contact them as soon as is reasonably possible

and lastly, am I correct to say there is no "in-network" and "out-of-network"?
    Correct, you can use any doctor anywhere in the world depending upon the area of cover you chose.

We signed up with WR too,. They settle claims within 2 weeks. They communicate via email and inform you once a claim has been received and when payment has been mailed out.

The only problem we've had is with our son. He's been covered since birth and in the first year he fell sick every 3 months. WR have stated that bronchitis is a pre-exisiting condition and refuse to cover it.

Rani