Duty free allowance for wine?

Closed Thread

Duty free allowance for wine?

Hi, how's it going? I was wondering if there's a limit on how much wine you can bring into the country duty free? I heard they abolished the wine tax so it would make sense that they wouldn't have a limit right? Because I'm going for a vacation in France and was planning to stock up some wine.

Thanks.

If you've paid the duty overseas then no, I don't think there's a limit. Crown told us there wasn't when we shipped a crate from the UK.

It makes no difference whether you have paid duty anywhere else. Any amount of wine (or any alcohol below 30% by volume) may be imported into Hong Kong without any payment of duty.

I brought two cases from Australia not two months ago with no problems -- and no duty.

That is good news. Previously thought that I could only get in one bottle of Marques de Casa Concha each year.

Yeah, brought 6bottles of red wine from France last Summer in my suitcase. I was stopped by the customs. They saw it, and did not say anything

Thanks people. Really appreciate the responses.

{edit - spam referenced now deleted}

Last edited by PDLM; 23-11-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Recently picked up 4 bottles of Wine and 2x 1 litre bottles of Smirnoff Blue on my way back from the US. Customs in HK saw the booze but did not care. It seems like they are mainly after cigarettes these days.