Cantonese Teacher Needed

Closed Thread

Cantonese Teacher Needed

Does anyone know a good private Cantonese teacher - I don't want to go through a school if I don't have to. I am moving from the UK next month and want to arrange some private classes for me and my wife. As a former English teacher myself, I am looking for someone who actually knows how to teach, not just a native speaker.

Any advice appreciated.

Alex

Don't really have any personal recommendations (never did get into learning Cantonese) but I'd recommend that you wait till you get here before making your choice.

Some obvious choices would include asking your companies HR department for recommendations and also consulting with the big-names like Berlitz, British Council who can organise personal lessons.

An alternative choice could involve just talking to the universities and getting a final year education major or languages major to teach you. Might be a cheaper alternative and you'll get someone who is perhaps more eager and less cynical about teaching an expat.

Smile

I am working as a part-time Cantonese teacher, providing one-to-one to one-to-many cantonese classes. Students that I taught includes lawyers and people from big company. If you're interested, please send me an email at [email protected] .

Try Pimsleur Method, works OK for me.

Cheers

Lightbulb Cantonese Tutor~~

hi there. i'm a cantonese private tutor in Hong Kong. see if you still interested in taking teh class. i also have a good connection with some other cantonese teachers in hong kong. won't charge you any if not suitable on the first lesson.

drop me a line if u still interested [email protected]

Cantonese

Hi,
    I am a qualified teacher and work as a full time Cantonese tutor now. I mainly provide private one to one for one to two classes. Learning materials are included. I go for in house courses of big companies as well. Mostly teach students at their offices.
    Please feel free to ask for further details. My e-mail is [email protected]

Keliman