Shenzhen -> Guangzhou Train, Bus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shenzhen -> Guangzhou Train, Bus

Hello,

Can someone please tell me the actual fares for going to Guangzhou by train, and if possible by bus?
    Not talking about the super-fast through trains etc. I remember taking a train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou which took me around 1:30h and cost around 75RMB.

Thanks for your help. =)

Google is a little bit outdated with the information posted as now new, modern and comfortable trains (soft seats) leaving at an interval 20mins from each diretion Shenzhen/Guangzhoudong (East station) with speed being about 160km/hr thou hitting 200km/hr between Shilong and Guangzhoudong.

Few trains are extended to the old station and also might stop at some additional ones than mentioned below but very few, indeed.

Takes about 55mins subject to the stations being serviced by the train you are taking, however often will stop at three (3), namely Zhangmoutou, Dongguan and Shilong in which case will take 65mins to reach the Guangzhou East station.

Price for standard is RMB75 and 1st class RMB95 (one way fares) and only difference is that 1st tends to be less crowded with rows of 2 seats each side whereas standard has 2 & 3 seats, respectively.

Sorry as normally use the train have no updated costs information on the bus service.

Can anyone tell me (ideally before tomorrow morning!) if the Shenzhen station is the one right opposite Lu Wo or somewhere else? As I live in Gold Coast, I reckon it might be easier to cross at Lu Wo and catch the train from Shenzhen, rather than going "backwards" to Hung Hom .. but if I have to go searching for the Shenzhen station this might be abit of a complication ... any views on this?

You've lost me. The stations at LMC and Lo Wu both go to / from Hung Hom; the tracks diverge at Sheung Shui.

You then walk across at Lo Wu or you can transfer to the metro at LMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    You've lost me. The stations at LMC and Lo Wu both go to / from Hung Hom; the tracks diverge at Sheung Shui.

You then walk across at Lo Wu or you can transfer to the metro at LMC.
    My point is where is SHENZHEN station? Is it the station that is about 200m from Lu Wo on the chinese side? (I know there is a rail station there as I have seen it, just not sure if this is "shenzhen station" or not... from where the fast trains to Guangzhou go).

Because if this is NOT where "shenzhen station" is, then I'd rather just go down to Hung Hom and get the through train because at least I know where it's going.... (bear in mind I cannot speak or read chinese).

Yes it is the station.
    It isn't difficult to get the ticket etc even if you don't speak or read Chinese but you can have the 'moment of sweat and panic' wondering if you just jumped on the express to Ulan Bator if you aren't careful with platform & train numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Yes it is the station.
    It isn't difficult to get the ticket etc even if you don't speak or read Chinese but you can have the 'moment of sweat and panic' wondering if you just jumped on the express to Ulan Bator if you aren't careful with platform & train numbers.
    Ha ha. Yes. Been there, done that (shanghai station).

OK - I think going over the border at Lu Wo makes more sense. Sorry if I was not clear - just trying to figure out if it was worth going all the way down into Hung Hom when I could "just" as easily go across at Lu Wo and catch a train in Shenzhen.... we are off to explore Guangzhou for the first time tomorrow....

...don't hold your breath.

Actually - knowing GZ that's probably not a bad idea.

Thanks! Ha ha. Anyway, only there for a day then we fly from Guangzhou airport to Hainan. Just long enough, I guess, to find out if we want to go back some other time for longer....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast