Hiring a helper

Closed Thread

Exclamation Hiring a helper

I've decided to hire a helper and don't anything about the procedure. My 1st question is: I can meet/interview a helper before hiring her or do I have to hire someone I've never met? 2nd, How do I know they are good at their job? 3, do I have to hire from overseas or can I find someone already in HK?

I would appreciate any pointers and how to I find an agency to hire a helper. Help.. please Thank You

Mimi, I suggest you do what my wife did, call an agency, you make one payment to the agency and they send over a qualified and trained individual to do the DH work.

You don't need to worry about insurance, bad employees etc... the agency we work with will replace the DH if we have problems.

Fortunately, we have not had any problems and our domestic help // maid is great, she does EVERYTHING she is told and does it well. We are very happy with the service.

here is the # of the place we used:
    2343-2033
    I think it's something like this: Easy home cleaning LTD.

p.s. I highly suggest hiring locals I like supporting the local economy

Thanks a million. I'll give them a call and see what they have to offer. Yeah, I don't mind a local at all but do locals do live ins or just part time?

Mimi, locals live here and usually have families. They will not want to live in unless you're both into something kinky :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi:
    Thanks a million. I'll give them a call and see what they have to offer. Yeah, I don't mind a local at all but do locals do live ins or just part time?
    nah they usually wont live-in, but why in the world would you want that? just get a part-time or full-time one so they are only there when you need them

3-4 hrs a day is plenty, our place is 850 sq. ft. + and she clean/mop/dust the whole thing no problem.

Hello from the US

My name is remy and originally from the Philipines. My niece wants to work as domestic helper in Hongkong . Can you please tell me how she can apply and how much is the cost of processing ? I will try to help her with the fees.

Smile do you still need a helper?

i saw your your post,,,,i would like to recommend my self...im jaclyn,23yrs old filipina who is been working here in hongkong for less than 3 yrs in one western employeras a helper,,,,im urgently looking for employer coz my visa will end up in january 11,,,,
    im a hard working helper,,,and reliable,,,
    if you got intrested in hiring me, ill sholder my agency expenses...
    you can give me ring anytime @91814097
    and i can come anytime and anywhere..
    have a nice day

cheers

2343-2033 p.s. I highly suggest hiring locals I like supporting the local economy
    can u tell me this agency they have local DH i am looking some one pls help me?

Last edited by sunita; 16-02-2009 at 07:28 AM.