collectors after maid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tex

collectors after maid

Help you guys! My former helper has left the country and by the number of phone calls I've received from strangers asking for her in an unfriendly way, I believe she owes people money. And well, thats the rumor amongst the other helpers in the building. Can someone please advise--how do we get these people to stop bothering us? I'm afraid they'll be knocking on my doorstep next. Really don't need the hassle!

Has she left the country indefinitely?

What were the responses when you told them she had left for good?

Worst case, your building management is not going to let thugs in, let alone up to your apartment.

Forward your phone to the local police station for a couple of days. If you're like most people in HK... home phones are purely for cold callers and trouble makers.

That's a stupid idea so dont listen to him.

If u forward your phone to the local police station every single call from friends, work, family are gonna get the police on the other line. Police might even do you for wasting their time and what about others who really need the help but are busy answering your debt collectors calls?

You either call the debt collectors up stating that your maid has left for good. Show any proof such as her end of contract letter or whatever you have to feed them.

If thugs wanna get into your building they will find a way no matter how good the security is.

J

Thin line between stupidity and sarcasm.

I should add.. we did forward our dorm room phone to 1-800-CALL-SPY ... (a US Defense department "report suspicious activities" phone line) for a weekend.

Some may not see the same as you and actually forward to the police station.

My last maid left me with a small mobile bill for a small amount like 81 dollars. I got calls every day in the morning, afternoon and evening asking for my maid. I called up the stupid company and informed them that she is not under my employment anymore. Please do not call as she does not reside at this address or number. She used my home number as hers without my knowledge!!!

The company kept on calling and I got pretty P'ed off and told them if I receive one more call from u my solicators will be calling u back! Calls all stopped after she made a remark on their computers that the maid had left HK. They even had the nerve to ask me for proof but told her thats not my business so P off.

J

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    Thin line between stupidity and sarcasm.

We have a machine that calls us 3X/day for an outstanding phone bill from our previous helper.
    It's driving me CRAZY!

Things advise to do:

1. Contact the agent and report the case.
    2. Usually your agent will advise you to check your house just in case anything valuable missed/disappeared.

3. Report to the nearest police station. Get the case reported in file. HK police can help alot in these kind of cases and provide you more information of the maid's history in Hong Kong.

4. Tell the loan company she already left the country and no longer your maid. Don't panic but talk to them directly. Get as much information as possible, such as how much the maid borrow, and since when. Visit the loan company if necessary and make them understand and trust that you are only the employer. They may provide you the loan history of the maid.

The same situation happened to some of my friends, and the loan company didn't do anything harmful to the employer since it happens quite often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast