Female Catwalk Models Needed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Female Catwalk Models Needed

I'n looking for catwalk models for my friend who is doing fashion design and the Polytechnic Uni.

Preferably models who are willing to do this voluntarily!

Only Caucasian and/or Eurasian models please! (I know, I know... but her school specifically requires this)

Please send me an email at [email protected] , with:

Name,
    Contact Details,
    Height,
    Measurement,
    Shoe Size

Thanks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kriztie:
    Only Caucasian and/or Eurasian models please! (I know, I know... but her school specifically requires this)
    Are we talking about ITC at PolyU? I wonder if legally they are allowed to specify the ethnicity of the model.

It's a school project? I wonder how in the world the school would specify a requirement like that as not everyone knows a white or mixed race girl not to mention one who will be willing to do it free.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I wonder if legally they are allowed to specify the ethnicity of the model.
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Are we talking about ITC at PolyU? I wonder if legally they are allowed to specify the ethnicity of the model.
    They are not employing or paying them, so I think the laws don't come into effect here.

Hi guys,

I'm just doing this as a favor for my frd so I'm not sure which dept. at PolyU she's studying at, nor the specific requirements... so I wouldn't be able to answer any of the questions..

Cheers

maybe your friend could sign up for free at GeoExpat and do this herself? Or do you the favour of some details so your posts didn't appear as spam?

Just a suggestion...

BTW, i thought that's why we apply to everything with passport photos, so the unwritten prejudices can be put in place in the screening processes? It appears much nicer than putting some race biased prerequisit on a position...

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    maybe your friend could sign up for free at GeoExpat and do this herself? Or do you the favour of some details so your posts didn't appear as spam?

Just a suggestion...

BTW, i thought that's why we apply to everything with passport photos, so the unwritten prejudices can be put in place in the screening processes? It appears much nicer than putting some race biased prerequisit on a position...
    haha well... i know as much about this as she does.. because the requirements from her tutor arent that clear (apart from the race), her design piece is to be decided after the model is chosen, and the date of the show is yet to be confirmed by the school..

and.. idk.. its quite a standard procedure (i wouldve thought) for casting calls for models to specify the race, just as it is for specifying someones height/weight/size etc... and to save everyone time and effort for sending/going through applications

thanks for the suggestion anyways

Whether it is standard procedure or not in HK design schools, morally it sucks. It's saying that only models of a certain skin complexion can sell that product. I hope your friend comes on here and names and shames the tutor making this requirement.

yup, that's what i reckon. something more surreptitious like "headshots required" or "send passport photo" would have had the same end result without the social backlash. It just re-inforces the suspect nature of the posting. We've had a few like this recently on the forum... free models, free/volunteer photographers... then this one has the icing on the cake... must be white...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast