Like Tree9Likes

Regarding domestic helper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Standard Filipino practice on mobile devices - 0 is one key press, o is three.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Aha. I shall stop asking people if their keyboard is broken

T9, ftw.

I'd like to give a vote of thanks to domestic helpers and answer how I do things for the original OP.
    There are so many moans by employers, but my experience of life with a helper has been overwhelmingly positive.
    I initially found the whole idea of live-in help intrusive for me as the employer and worried it seemed demeaning for the employee.
    It doesn't have to be this way but as the boss, you call the shots. It's up to you what kind of relationship you have with your helper. For example, we're pretty relaxed- I hate being called "Ma'am" so we're all on first name terms, the household eats meals together and we are happy to chat about our day.
    A written schedule can prioritise and set expectations. If you make your helper's working week bearable I expect you'll be repaid with a better employee- ie plan a reasonable workload with breaks and regular time away from the house for her (time off, shops, pleasant errands, the odd personal development course...)
    The courses at the YWCA have been helpful to me.
    Re TV watching. I'm usually very happy for her to be out of her tiny room, but if I want some space, I tactfully find something for her to do. If this is in the evening, maybe she has some time off, or a trip to the library or a course, or a non-strenuous errand to run, or a paid cinema trip occasionally...
    Enjoy life with a helper and hope the suggestions are useful!

PDLM, Boro Boy, wtbhotia and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    annoying though.

Standard Filipin0 practice on m0bile devices some 0f the time

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    whats wrong with your zero's and 0's
    i do apologize for using 0 instead of o. Its just that i find it faster to type message using my mobile due to limited time. Il try my best to use o in all my posts here for the convenience of others. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    gunsnroses likes this.

do whatever you are comfortable with. i thought there might be a hidden message that you are trying to convey. just use all 0's.

i know you are her employer but that doesnt mean you need to treat her as a strager coz shes the reason why you can do the things that you can't do especially when your working. she take care of everything and giving love and care for your kids which we need to be thankfull for that. helpers happiness comes from employers kindness. appreciation is no.1 regards!

I was informed today by the helper I want to hire that all new contracts during the COVID period need to go through an agency. These agencies charge anywhere between 3500 - 8000 HKD. Does anyone know if this is true?

This is the last message from the Philippine consulate. You can apply directly with immigration. Once you receive the visa approval you can take the forms and contract to the consulate.

Name:  FB_IMG_1597413081757.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  83.5 KB

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5