Restaurateur accuses TST dining spot of copying her

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

[QUOTE=jayinhongkong;495737]Istanbul Express sucks, and Ebeneezer's is even worse.

"Horses for Courses..." ...not suggesting it's on either menu tho' ...

Quote Originally Posted by neither3nor4:
    There's an Istanbul Express on Lock St which is near enough to Ka Ka Lok, so that must be the one they mean. I've been there a few times and the food has been good. Haven't tried any of the other branches though.
    You are thinking of the Ka Ka Lok on Ichang Street. There are several Ka Ka Loks in TST - including one in Hart Avenue.

Agree about the Turkish place in Lamma.

Absolutely divine....though they have sized the menu down..I did not find the great veggie aubergine kebab they had earlier...but truly great....

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    You are thinking of the Ka Ka Lok on Ichang Street. There are several Ka Ka Loks in TST - including one in Hart Avenue.
    I see.

Does anyone know if the Turkish place on Lamma sells baklava?

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    There are loads of pubs doing breakfast fry ups in TST though - it isn't a difficult thing t' find.
    And I have to be honest - I haven't even noticed Relish Pan on Hart Av...though the amount drunk in The Stags Head may be a factor to consider.
    huh... i used to work at the Stag's Head (and the white stag on canton road before that), many, many, many moons ago... how long you been going?

I would have first visited the location on Canton Rd in '95 (but only when visiting HK - at he time I lived in Singers). Then from about 2000 or so (Can't recall when I 'found' it again) I guess - though I visit The Stag about once every couple of weeks only.

I used to go to the SH before I got barred. It was probably a good thing.

Went past that fry-up place the other day. Empty apart from one very sad-looking gweilo. Perhaps they were holding him against his will? From the pictures, the food looked horrible. Expect we'll see something else there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    huh... i used to work at the Stag's Head (and the white stag on canton road before that), many, many, many moons ago... how long you been going?
    I was in there almost every night from 93-95, on our happy hour circuit which started at the Watering Hole, included Rick's, the Stag, Grammy's Lounge and the Roadside Bar, and then ended at the Honey Bee at 5am. We probably know each other...

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I was in there almost every night from 93-95, on our happy hour circuit which started at the Watering Hole, included Rick's, the Stag, Grammy's Lounge and the Roadside Bar, and then ended at the Honey Bee at 5am. We probably know each other...
    i worked there in '95-'97... also helped michelle out for a while at a place she had her hand in in causeway bay "o'briens" that place didn't last long....

actually michelle's sister was my flatmate for years....

In TST, the best kebabs are on the first floor of Chungking. I eat there all the time, but I wouldn't eat at any of the Indian places that are open to the public.
    Posted via Mobile Device