I need some advice about Suit Alterations

Closed Thread

I need some advice about Suit Alterations

I recently bought a one button suit that I thought was stylish, but then notice that it wasn't appropriate for the office. Since I can't refund it and don't want this suit to go to rubbish, can I bring it to a professional tailor and have them add an extra button? Would this sort of alteration even be possible?

Putting a button on a jacket changes it from being inappropriate to appropriate for your office? That must be a very strange office you work in.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Putting a button on a jacket changes it from being inappropriate to appropriate for your office? That must be a very strange office you work in.
    They didn't tell me not to wear it. Its just that I'm the only person wearing a one button suit. I feel embarassed. Perhaps its the lack of confidence in me.

Yes it is mate. It's 1 button & I can assure you no one else, in the office or otherwise gives a flying...donut.

But by all means take to any tailor, or your mummy and get them to sew on another button.

Of course - then people may notice that you had one button, but now have two and start running a book behind your back betting on when you will add another button. Or maybe they'll all start wearing one button jackets and then you'll be wearing the only two button jacket in the office. Don't want to worry you or anything but I've heard next year the three button jacket is going to be the 'must-have' item for the sophisticated office.

Last edited by Load Toad; 05-12-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Yes it is mate. It's 1 button & I can assure you no one else, in the office or otherwise gives a flying...donut.

But by all means take to any tailor, or your mummy and get them to sew on another button.

Of course - then people may notice that you had one button, but now have two and start running a book behind your back betting on when you will add another button. Or maybe they'll all start wearing one button jackets and then you'll be wearing the only two button jacket in the office. Don't want to worry you or anything but I've heard next year the three button jacket is going to be the 'must-have' item for the sophisticated office.
    Thanks Load Toad. I didn't know if adding an extra button on the front was possible.

You have a good sense of humor.