Cantonese tuition

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cantonese tuition

Hello forumfolk

My wife and I are both keen to learn Cantonese. I have been looking online for Cantonese schools / lessons and there appears to be no end of choice.

I am happy for a private tuition or school based tuition but would really like a recommendation as no doubt some are better than others.

If anyone has any experiences and can make a recommendation please let me know. I live in South Lantau so Central / HK Island / Kowloon location is better for travelling purposes.

Thanks!

just find Cantonese friends and ask them to communicate with u in the MSN or Yahoo with a mic then u can learn on line. But the pronounciation may not be very clear sometime (base on the Yahoo or Msn system). If u want u can PM me your YAHOO address then I can talk to u how to pronounce some Native Cantonese phase.

Hi,

I offer Cantonese lessons through SKYPE, if you're interested. Price would be cheaper than having a face-to-face class. Please contact me if you're interested (I have over 5 years' experience in teaching Cantonese). Good luck in finding a tutor!

The best way to learn Cantonese is by watching Cantonese soap operas or commercials.

Thanks for the above. I think the Skype method sounds a great idea but I am starting completely from scratch and I would like to get some face to face tuition and get talking a bit first.

I received a quotation from the Pacific Language Centre in Des Voeux Road. Anyone have any experience of this place?

Hi HKNewBi,
    I'm a local girl and I can teach you cantonese in return for English. We can have this kind of free language exchange over coffee. Pls let me know if you're interested.

i attended lessons at Pacific language.
    1 If Mr Yo is your tutor let me tell you he is very business minded
    2 But at the same attending his classes regularly was effective.
    3.But half way through the course I was handed over to another tutor and with another group.So I lost the continuity.
    4 they follow a different system of romanization than other commonly found system.
    If needed I can show you the text book I got from there if it will help you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Thanks for the above. I think the Skype method sounds a great idea but I am starting completely from scratch and I would like to get some face to face tuition and get talking a bit first.

I received a quotation from the Pacific Language Centre in Des Voeux Road. Anyone have any experience of this place?

Quote Originally Posted by who:
    Hi HKNewBi,
    I'm a local girl and I can teach you cantonese in return for English. We can have this kind of free language exchange over coffee. Pls let me know if you're interested.
    I'll be interested if it will help me polish my cantonese!!

You will pick up the language a lot more over day to day conversation with the local people than learning from classes. I am sure from your workplace or college where are plenty of chinese people there you can speak with.

Quote Originally Posted by who:
    Hi HKNewBi,

Who, how did you assume Engish is HKNewbi's native language?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast