Orphanages in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Exclamation Orphanages in Hong Kong

I am looking at doing some volunteer work at Orphanages in Hong Kong but finding it difficult to locate solid information on their whereabouts. Does anyone have any information?

Is it possible for you to say something about your background and expereince on working in orphanages please?

It's probably the same with everything - you don't get in without having experience, and you don't get experience because you haven't been let in.

When I asked people for volunteering work in Hong Kong I never got so much as a reply, even when they were advertising as "looking for help".
    They probably need to advertise in order to get public funds.

Ask Po Leung Kuk, it has an orphanage.

AmandaS

Mothers choice on Kennedy Road looks after babies from teenage mothers.
    http://www.mchoice.org/pages/index.asp?pg=home

You have to register through their website and then wait until they contact you about orientation dates (which fill up reeally quickly)

Dear Alexis,..

I don't know what youre previous experience is with childeren, but I got in at Mothers Choice pretty easy.
    I met a few others Expats there and they all didnt have much experience / training.
    Good atmosfeer and very professional.

Just give them a call, good luck.

Matt.

Hi i am a student and i am doing a study on orphanages in hong kong. there is no site to tell me how many orphanages in hong kong. tks