Moving to Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Moving to Hong Kong

My family and I may be moving to Hong Kong in the Jan. Feb. timeframe on a long term temporary assignment (3years) with my job. My wife and I have 4 daughters ranging from 8 years to 19 months. I am looking for advise on where to live, schools, nanny service, driving, and so forth. Thanks!

You may check on geobaby.com site. There are many threads about schools, domestic helpers, where to live, etc.

It is easier for others to help you if you can provide some information like what type of school you want to send your children to (local, international, based on your nationality, etc) and what kind of places you are looking for (spacious, budget, near to school or work place, children friendly, etc), where is your office etc.

Welcome to HK!

Monving to Hong Kong

I should have been more specific. We are from the States and looking for an International school. I have heard the HKIS is really good. I would rather be close to schooling rather than work. My office would be located Eagle Centre. From a home size perspective, I guess we are looking at around 2000sf. or big enough to handle a rather large family. There are 6 of us.

>> 2000 sq ft.

Depends on your housing allowance. Reasonably priced 2K sq ft apartments can be found on http://www.centanet.com or gohome.com.hk from about HK50K upwards.

Having said that, lots of forum members on GeoExpat have moved from the US, under similarish situations. Take a look at the various threads on here and you'll find plenty of info.