BA strike over Xmas - who's affected?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

She is hot actually (though I guess I shouldn't say that about my niece )
    Especially not if she's a blood relation! Ewww!

Anyway, I still haven't heard if my flights are to be cancelled or not. Supposedly, in these situations they give long-haul flights from major hubs priority and move over crew from short-haul flights. Plus apparently there are summer crew who can be called in. I suppose I'm grasping at straws...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    She is hot actually (though I guess I shouldn't say that about my niece )
    No that's OK in Hong Kong: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post465689-11.html

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    20 years! So that makes them 40 something.

The air hostesses on my last trip (years ago) were like teachers, and far from skinny.
    How is that relevant to the job? Why does a air hostess has to look hot? Never had a hot teacher?

She needs to be of a certain height, not for men's pleasure but because she needs to be able to reach the hand luggage compartiment.

Why can't she do a good job, be pleasant and work well w/o looking like a hungry nympho?

I'm sure she can, but all other things being equal I'd rather have a hot nympho

in everything there are exceptions.

My in laws are supposed to be arriving here on 31st Dec and this is the only opportunity my husband will have to see his family until this time next year so we're naturally worried.

The cabin crew who voted to go ahead with this industrial action (and I appreciate that there are 20% who didn't) are selfish and shortsighted. No point in banging on about pay and conditions if you're busy hammering the final nails in the coffin of your employer. No flights = no paying customers = no BA. Then they're all completely screwed. Hope they enjoy working for Ryanair just as much...

Interesting post in another forum. Speculation by Cabin Crew is that they are trying to protect GBP 700 in allowances for 1 return trip to HK (over and above their salary). How much is a ticket home for Xmas?

CabinCrew.com: Strike thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Missed that post the first time so many thanks for repeating. Really strange and funny

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    in everything there are exceptions.
    Olympic - must have a mustache like all true Greek women

Aeroflot - must have 32" biceps - save on the cost of air marshals and rip Chechen peoples heads off like chicken.

KLM - we are tall, chunky with man thighs and we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm sure she can, but all other things being equal I'd rather have a hot nympho
    I'd rather have a well trained and competent person of average looks who tries harder. But I guess I'm not male.