Quickest way to Fenwick Pier

Closed Thread

Quickest way to Fenwick Pier

I'm going onboard the USS Kittyhawk today, and I was wondering whats the quickest way to go to Fenwick Pier?

I've walked there before, but there were several back tracks along the way. Looking at the Admiralty MTR map, the closest exit is E2, however, there is no real route to get there. Would I be better off taking a taxi?

Are you sure its at Wan Chai? I thought the carriers werern't allowed into the Harbour and had to dock out at the Container terminal? Or are you just boarding a ferry at Wan Chai to take you out to the Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    Are you sure its at Wan Chai? I thought the carriers werern't allowed into the Harbour and had to dock out at the Container terminal? Or are you just boarding a ferry at Wan Chai to take you out to the Carrier?
    There's a ferry from Fenwick Pier to wherever the carrier is.

Note to all:
    Just incase I gave the wrong impression, you can't just turn up to Fenwick and get on the USS Kittyhawk so please dont get your hopes high.
    Last edited by martyn; 25-11-2005 at 10:42 AM.

How can I get on then?

Thats a shame I always wanted to tour a carrier. Note to all: warning guys there's a carrier in town. Best avoid Wan Chai this weekend, it'll be heaving with drunken sailors

USS KITTY HAWK is at Pun Shan Shek Anchorage (south of Tsing Ma bridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chillifontain:
    How can I get on then?
    The best approach is on a rubber dinghy apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by martyn:
    I'm going onboard the USS Kittyhawk today, and I was wondering whats the quickest way to go to Fenwick Pier?

I've walked there before, but there were several back tracks along the way. Looking at the Admiralty MTR map, the closest exit is E2, however, there is no real route to get there. Would I be better off taking a taxi?
    Assuming that you have already arranged to tour the Kittyhawk you can take the Admiralty exit sign posted Police Headquarters. At the top of the escalators take the steps to the right then turn right. Walk along the outside of the gardens with the traffic heading towards you on your left. You will be heading east. You will then see a pedestrian walk way running across the main road. Walk to the right to get to the foot of this walk way and take it across the road. Go to the very end of the walk way and carry on east (right) skirting past the road flyover. Cross this road (carefully) to Fenwick Pier on the opposite side.