URGENT: Online electronic stores

Closed Thread

URGENT: Online electronic stores

Hi,
    Does anyone have website addresses of electronics online stores in Hong Kong?

Before I travel there (in 3 days), I want to see if some specific models of digital cameras are available and for what prices.
    Thanks

None ... really there are no electronics online stores here in HK.

The only ones I know of are www.jackys.com. Unfortunately their online store caters towards middle eastern traveller. They do have a local email address [email protected] and might be able to answer queries.

I work near Stanley Street (where a lot of the locals shop for cameras) and might be able to get you some ball park figures. Give us the model numbers.... no promises.

Thanks!!
    Here are the models - in fact they're due to be released in the US market just a few days after I leave.

Canon Powershot SD 10 (4 MegaPixels) (It looks like the name of this model in Asia is the "IXUS i")

Pentax Optio S4 (4MP)
    Optio S (3MP) (already available - I'm just looking for price info)

Casio EXILIM EX-Z4 (4MP)
    EX-Z3 (3MP) (already available as well - price info)

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I don't know if I should simply buy a 3MP before I leave or wait to be in HKG to get a 4MP - or if the price is right, buy a 3MP in HKG...

Thanks again!

Last edited by polozulu; 16-10-2003 at 12:30 AM.

Ok. Will drop by Stanley Street @ Lunch and let you know.

HI Polozuzu, I am not sure if you are aware that I believe some or MOST of the digicams sold there are in Japanese format? At least when I bought my Olympus around Mongkok was and I just learned to deal with it since I did save a bit from buying in the states. Besides, I don't use all those features anyways, as long as it's high megapixel, i'm good with it. Good luck!

Buddy

Some ball park figures....

Ixus 4MP - Around HK$3200-3250
    Pentax S4 .. does not seem to be readily avail around $2950
    Pentax S3 .. HK$2750

Casion 4MP 3350
    3MP 2850 ...

Prices may vary and models may not be available... and I'm sure the prices I have are on the higher end by 2 or 3%.

Cool THANKS !!

This is GREAT!! Thank you so much for all the information guys.

One last thing: I'll be staying in WanChai. Would you recommend a reputable electronics store? Not the touristy rip-off kind of place, but a serious one, that sells not only cameras but other kinds of electronic gadgets as well...

Shop around