notice of marriage

Closed Thread

notice of marriage

Hi!

I apologize in advanced if this is not the proper forum to post these types of inquiries, but nevertheless, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took for the notice of marriage to actually be put up and displayed?

As I understand, once the notice for intended marriage is filed and applied for with the accompanying documents to register the marriage information and such, the marrying parties receive a document confirming their notice. Is the notice then immediately displayed? Do we then count the next day after filing, the first clear day that it is being displayed?

Thanks a lot for your time and insight!

Thanks for your reply, wtbhotia.

My understanding is that each marrying party needs to file a Notice of Marriage with the Marriage Registry office of their choice regardless if the wedding is done in the registry itself, in a licensed place of worship or by a civil celebrant anywhere else in HK.

As I understand, the process to file a notice of marriage is the same, what differs is who does it, but essentially it does not matter if it's the marrying party or the civil celebrant that files the notice, it still goes through the marriage registry. Is this notion faulty?

This of course, does not quite answer my inquiry about the notice being displayed on the day that the notice is given.

Thanks again.

ok will this site help. GovHK: Online Appointment Booking for Giving of Notice of Intended Marriageeven though i have gone through this a few years back but as a typical male, i left it all to my better half. I just turned up on the required date. LOL

ah, i'm on the other side then - my fiance is currently playing video games on his ipod, which is alright, he's had a bit of a day today, so i don't mind.

the site states that the appointment for giving of notice of intended marriage is done by all whether it be a marriage at the registry, in a licensed place of worship, or by a civil celebrant anywhere else in hk, so there is conflicting information floating around the net.

thanks!