Cheapest way to call Australia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Smile skype

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    HGC is Hutchison Global Crossing.
    Skype - ever heard of Internet search?
    Skype is HEAPS good as it is very clear, unlike MSN and Yahoo where you will get diconneted.

Go to www.skype.com and you can dl the program. Very easy to use. =)

Cheers,
    Bridget

I think most of the 'unlimited talk' suggestions here are good only for fixed line locations in Australia.

Is there any way to call mobiles 'unlimited' with a fixed fee per month? I just paid 6$USD for Unlimited SkypeOut to Australia, but it seems it only works for landlines in Australia and not cellphones.. this is ridiculous..

No - because delivering calls to mobiles in Australia (and most countries) is MUCH more expensive than delivering calls to fixed lines (which in many countries is now very close to free). The only places where you can get unlimited calls to mobiles is where the mobile owner pays to receive a call (USA, Canada, China, Singapore).

Use skype and pccw $50 phone cards to Landlines. Calls to mobiles I make from work. :P

Where can you purchase PCCW phone card? Do they sell them at 7-11?

Shouldn't there be other phone cards that support Australia mobiles at cheap rates.. It can't be that hard to get a pirate line there..

Australia actually has one of the toughest telecoms regulatory regimes around. I wouldn't expect to find SIM-box based grey routes into there in the way that you can in to other countries (not least because Australia doesn't have a land border where you can stick the SIM-box in another country but able to get a signal over the border).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3