View Poll Results: What is your source for drinking water at home?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Water Dispenser Machine

11 11.96%
  • Bottled Water

26 28.26%
  • I have a water dispenser on my fridge

2 2.17%
  • I drink from the tap directly

22 23.91%
  • I boil water from the tap

20 21.74%
  • Other

14 15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes

What is your source of drinking water at home?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I use a Philips tap-head filter, works fine.
    I tried a US brand for a year or two, but it tasted funny, so I went back to Philips.

theres those bars in wan chai where the beer is cheaper than water. i think its cos they have to spend so much filtering out the impurities so it is drinkable for their patrons.

Growing up, that's the way my family always did it. You just pour the filtered water into one of those water boiling machine things.
    Er.....a kettle?

No, he means one of those things that keep water permanently on the boil, and use loads of electricity.

Water that has been boiled repeatedly is quite disgusting, not sure what the re-boiling does to it. My grandmother does this with her kettle, and my dad gets stomach cramps whenever he has tea made with it!

Lesson 1 for oiks: Tea should always be made with freshly boiled water.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    No, he means one of those things that keep water permanently on the boil, and use loads of electricity.
    Yea... those things. But we unplug it after it boils once, and it just gets stored there. (I'm a she, but that's not really important)

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Water that has been boiled repeatedly is quite disgusting, not sure what the re-boiling does to it. My grandmother does this with her kettle, and my dad gets stomach cramps whenever he has tea made with it!
    I think it's the minerals in the water, that stick to the kettle. After a long time, it creates buildup which can make the water taste funny Same reason why we run vinegar through coffee maker machines now and then.

On the other hand, I much prefer the taste of water with minerals in it to that of distilled (pure) water.

Been drinking Tap water for 5 years now - love the taste!

When I first moved to Belgium, I hated the taste of tap water - a friend's granny advised me to put in an uncapped bottle and leave it overnight in the fridge - and it did change the taste! Not sure what that actually did to it, or if it was simply psychological, but worth a try?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast