anyone been on stonecutters bridge,

Closed Thread

anyone been on stonecutters bridge,

anyone been on stonecutters bridge ( route 8), i have driven on the bridge twice over last few days, it's unbelieve engineer marvel with superb view of kowloon and western part of hk island, do you think it will replace tsing ma bridge (i think it's slightly overrated, but still pretty nice).

does anyone know which buses travels on to this bridge ( for non drivers) as my friend wants to see from this bridge as well as i want to get a better view (thus no need for me to drive) on this bridge

Supposedly many airport bus routes will go through the bridge in the near future.

As for non-airport routes, KMB is supposedly creating a new route between Shatin/Tai Po and Tsing Yi, which will go through the bridge, in the future.

Or you could just jump in a taxi ...

I havent yet , but my husband was very excited about it when he got back home. He just got there when it was just open and it was all empty and the view was great.

an engineering marvel and worth a trip just to look see

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    anyone been on stonecutters bridge ( route 8), i have driven on the bridge twice over last few days, it's unbelieve engineer marvel with superb view of kowloon and western part of hk island, do you think it will replace tsing ma bridge (i think it's slightly overrated, but still pretty nice).

does anyone know which buses travels on to this bridge ( for non drivers) as my friend wants to see from this bridge as well as i want to get a better view (thus no need for me to drive) on this bridge
    I doubt it will replace Tsing Ma Bridge considering Tsing Ma goes from Tsing Yi to Ma Wan (Park Island) and Stonecutters goes from West Kowloon to Tsing Yi.
    Last edited by HKChigger; 30-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.

When did it open? I'm not in hk right now but we have been waiting for this to see if it cuts our travel time from Gold Coast... would love to try it when we get back!

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    I doubt it will replace Tsing Ma Bridge considering Tsing Ma goes from Tsing Yi to Ma Wan (Park Island) and Stonecutters goes from West Kowloon to Tsing Yi.
    yes, you correct, route 8 consist of both stonecutters bridge and tsing ma bridge.

sorry, let me rephase my sentence, it may replace tsing ma bridge as an iconic sight of hong kong in the near future, it should do considering how much of a technical marvel it is.