U.S. citizen here. I want a 6 month or 1 year Chinese tourist Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. citizen here. I want a 6 month or 1 year Chinese tourist Visa

I am a U.S. citizen living in Hong Kong on a Investment Visa. Is it possible for me to buy a 6 month or 1 year tourist Visa so I can easily go to Shenzhen or any other part of China?

Is so, how much do they cost?

French citizen here. Have a look here : http://www.chinatravel1.com/english/...hinesevisa.htm

You can go everywhere in China with this kind of visa.

Unfortuntely those prices listed do not apply. They charge more for U.S. citizens. Anyone know how much it costs for a U.S. citizen to get a 6 month tourist Visa?

I'm trying to call them but no one seems to be picking up. First few times I tried to call, I was getting a busy signal.

Last edited by ohchk2001; 30-11-2005 at 02:50 PM.

i got a one year multiple entry (unlimited) for USD $180. think the 6-month might be USD $100 but i'm not sure (i also got mine rushed, so maybe normal is less).

If you want the correct answer, you really have to call them. I (UK citizen, same problem, costing a bomb) called them before and they gave me the answer straightaway. Maybe you just need to try again later or tomorrow...

Just a question, why should they charge more U.S citizens ? If you happen to know, pls, drop a note

Quote Originally Posted by MizzMaddie:
    i got a one year multiple entry (unlimited) for USD $180. think the 6-month might be USD $100 but i'm not sure (i also got mine rushed, so maybe normal is less).
    Is yours a business visa? They told me I have to get a business either two single entry business visas first or two dual entry business visas before I can apply for a mutiple entry 6 month business visa to China.

The quoted the price to be $1324 HK dollars. This was what I got when I caled chinatravel1.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tartampion:
    Just a question, why should they charge more U.S citizens ? If you happen to know, pls, drop a note
    Is the issue of reciprocal retailiation. Our governments charge the Chinese nationals a fortune to have their visas...

Quote Originally Posted by ohchk2001:
    Is yours a business visa? They told me I have to get a business either two single entry business visas first or two dual entry business visas before I can apply for a mutiple entry 6 month business visa to China.

The quoted the price to be $1324 HK dollars. This was what I got when I caled chinatravel1.com
    The same here. I forgot what exactly he said now but it was something like they wouldn't just give me a long period multiple-entry visa but a short one to start with. I have to show that I am using it a lot (like two or three times) then they would give a longer one on the second application...

A small technicality ... I would not tell the chinese that "I'm american and I want to BUY a visa."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast