iPhone's

iPhone's

Hi, hopefully getting an iPhone soon, but interested in which contract to get, what provider etc. Currently with PCCW, contract should finish next month.
    Any recommendations for best options.
    Thanks

Depends if you want visual voicemail, it probably only works with 3 if at all. Some providers in the world have been rather slow to adapt.

Visual Voicemail won’t be available for the iPhone on Vodafone UK | All About iPhone.net

i got an iphone last month with 3G. It's the only network you can get it with contract. (thought heard smartone is getting in there too).
    Second option is to buy the iphone outright. But i just couldn't be bothered with all the hassle so I just dealt with 3 for phone and contract.

Thanks for your replies, I'll look into 3G
    Karen

May I jump in here with an i-phone question, please.

As a total non-tekkie, this might sound stupid. OK this is the thing, I want to buy hubby an i-phone for his birthday this month so that he can switch from his mobile phone plus i-touch into one hand-held device.

I understand I can just simply switch SIM cards from his mobile into a store-bought i-phone and then I guess he just uses whatever network connection he's got on his i-touch (I think he uses our broadband account for his surfing and emails so no extra charge).

I know he'd be able to answer my questions but this is meant to be a surprise for him. Basically, if I buy the device, can he switch all current call/internet/emailing options to the i-phone without incurring extra charges?

Many thanks all!

iPhone's what?