iPhone 3G speaker

MXZ

iPhone 3G speaker

Hi guys,

The speaker on my iPhone 3G has packed in. Everything works apart from the loud speaker, so I can't hear the phone ring, use speaker phone,the alarms and so forth which is bloody annoying.

I don't really want to buy a whole new phone just because of that - so I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be repaired and if so, where and how much?

Thanks in advance!

there is an official apple service center in HKG, or more than 1...
    calling any of the Mac shops would get you the service company details.
    ask them at DG Lifestyles Telephone (852) 2295 4488.

Quote Originally Posted by rasbro:
    there is an official apple service center in HKG, or more than 1...
    calling any of the Mac shops would get you the service company details.
    ask them at DG Lifestyles Telephone (852) 2295 4488.
    If the phone is not in warranty they will not be able to help you. The only way to do it is to go to an unofficial repair centre. There are many in Mong Kok, but you are going to want to watch carefully as they quite often will try to switch parts on you etc.

A reliable repair company is called Apple Owner. They have offices in Quarry Bay, Sai Kung and Sham Shui Po. Check out their website at appleowner.com for the address.

sxc

Are you sure they won't help if it's out of warranty? Doesn't make sense that you can't get an authorised repairer to do the repair if you pay.

broken i pod

my i pod broke AGAIN and is now out of warranty. this is my third i pod and as mentioned earlier the apple authorised (authorised to rip you off) dealers will not touch it and will only replace it, at a price of course. so if you want to risk getting ripped off even further, go to mongkok and try to have it repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by mr wolf:
    my i pod broke AGAIN and is now out of warranty. this is my third i pod and as mentioned earlier the apple authorised (authorised to rip you off) dealers will not touch it and will only replace it, at a price of course. so if you want to risk getting ripped off even further, go to mongkok and try to have it repaired.
    How do you keep on breaking it?