Alleged Criminals with a bag on their head

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It does happen in the UK (and elsewhere). I would imagine it's because he's confessed but they think it's possible that he may be just an attention seeker so they want to see if he can accurately describe what he did. i.e. does his version of events tally with the evidence known to the police? So in effect, the defendant is trying to prove that he is guilty. If the defendant was claiming he was innocent there wouldn't seem to be much point in the exercise.

Of course, like everybody else, I'm just mindlessly speculating here. I have no idea whether that is actually what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    It does happen in the UK (and elsewhere). I would imagine it's because he's confessed but they think it's possible that he may be just an attention seeker so they want to see if he can accurately describe what he did. i.e. does his version of events tally with the evidence known to the police? So in effect, the defendant is trying to prove that he is guilty. If the defendant was claiming he was innocent there wouldn't seem to be much point in the exercise.

Of course, like everybody else, I'm just mindlessly speculating here. I have no idea whether that is actually what is going on.
    no...you are exactly right.

if you claim to be guilty, or guilty by insanity (which is way cooler)...they will ask you to run through the events so the police/judge/executioner can make sure you really are the one who did it, and not someone just looking for attention or bribed into taking the fall.