Getting Married in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

A friend of mine has just gotten engaged and wants to marry in HK. She is American and her fiance is from the mainland...can they legally marry in HK? What are the criteries?

Anyone can get married in Hong Kong. For further information you can check out http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/bdmreg_4.htm which will help your friends.

Otherwise they can feel free to contact me for further help and assistance as I have my own wedding planning company.

www.blisscreations.net

Thank you for the helpful information. You have a lovely website, I think my friend would benefit most from your 'Blissfully Contented' package. I will pass your details on to her. Thanks again.

Your welcome! This upcoming year should be an interesting one for those wanting to get married as there are some new ammendments to the existing Marriage Bill waiting to be passed. If successful, it would mean that couples would not be obliged to go to the Marriage Registry and can instead chose any location they wish.

At the same time, they say it's a very auspicious year for weddings!

Feel free to have your friends contact me via [email protected] if they have any questions.

Regards.