Hong kong parkview

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is the typical commuting time (by public bus) in the mornings from Repulse Bay to Central or Admiralty? Do people share taxis?

We have a place that we rent out in parkview but we used to live in repulse bay. If you've ever heard of Cyberport, Parkview is a little like that. You have the residential area, the school, the supermarket, the swimming pool, and other facilities. everything is quite convenient. It's more of a community feel, and you have so many other neighbors who may be in the same situation as you, new to hong kong. Repulse Bay, you're more south than a lot of the island, so you will have better air quality. the beach is very close, and the view should be nice. Getting to the financial district is only 20-30 mins away by car. If you have kids, parkview would sound pretty good. I grew up in the Repulse Bay area, i liked it just the same.

Out of topic I know but is Parkview the place where Kissel used to live?

Yep.... and lets not drag that one into the conversation.

sure..that's why I said out of topic...was just to make sure..as the name sounded very familiar to me...ok let's go back to the main topic.

Have just arrived

Have just arrived in Parkview with young child, there is everything here. Childrens programs that we have attended so far have been structured and well run. Pools look good. Supermarket has all the necessary basics and the bus runs every 15 mins into central and pacific place.

Also some great walks in the Tai Tam Country park.

Temperature is cooler and so far the mist hasn't been a prob although I believe it may get thicker closer to summer

Quote Originally Posted by hughb2000:
    Repulse Bay: Very much depends on where in repulse you choose to live, there are complexs there that offer all that parkview has plus better public transport and nicer views.. but again there are places which lack all of those facilities/services.. although if you live anywhere in repulse you will be within walking distance (5-15mins) of all the same stuff! You will also be within walking distance of a beach which is always nice! Being able to see the sea also makes you feel like you are living somewhere quite exotic!
    Could you please give me the names of the complexes in RB that offer "all that parkview has plus better public transport and nicer views..."

Thanks a million...