Hong kong parkview

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong kong parkview

Hi all,

We are going to move to HK early 2006 with our two small children.
    First we will live in a serviced appartment for a couple of months. We would like to live in the repulsebay area but now i have read something about HongKong Parkview.
    Anyone here who lives there and can share some experiences?
    -Is Repulse Bay Beach etc. in easy reach?
    -If you have to choose between Repulse Bay and Hong Kong Parkview what would you choose and why?

Thank you very much!

Given that they're an advertiser (and we have several friends who live at Parkview) here's my two cents...

Respulse Bay Beach is 5 minutes from Parkview, as is Deep Water Bay beach. Repulse Bay is a fantastic area, but the roads are very noisy and can be busy as there's only one road in and out and its a fairly busy road ...

Parkview is very close to the beaches and recreation areas of Repulse Bay and high on the hillside so no through traffic. (some have named the residents of Parkview Gweilos in the Mist .... give that the top floors are often enveloped in mist during the humid seasons... hey makes you feel like you work on the top floor at IFC!)

If you have young kids, parkview has a pre-school on site... not sure how good it is, but residents seem to like it and our son gets invited to tons of playdates in their padded cell ... err .. playroom.

May be it is because we don't know anyone at Repulse Bay ... but Parkview seems more social for the kids. We've been there for both their Halloween shindig for kids and the Easter egg hunt...

I'd suggest .. visit both places... if you're planning on visiting parkview, let me know and I can drop them a line to make sure you're taken care of.

well i currently live in repluse bay and have lived in 3 different appartments here. I have also lived in parkview but was several years ago, but still go up their weekly to do my food shopping!

Both have advantages and disadvantages..

Parkview: Nice area, Big complex, Lots of families, Good facilities (gym, pool, restaurants, etc) also has pre-school (PIPS), supermarkets, hairdressers, etc, Good security (tho thats not a big deal in HK). But.. Does spend 40% of the year in the clouds, No buses go near it (do have parkview bus, not sure of frequency tho) which means lots of taxis!

Repulse Bay: Very much depends on where in repulse you choose to live, there are complexs there that offer all that parkview has plus better public transport and nicer views.. but again there are places which lack all of those facilities/services.. although if you live anywhere in repulse you will be within walking distance (5-15mins) of all the same stuff! You will also be within walking distance of a beach which is always nice! Being able to see the sea also makes you feel like you are living somewhere quite exotic!

In general both places are in nice areas, are perfect for western families and tho there is a much bigger price range in RB, whatever you would pay in parkview for the same cost would get you a very similar standard of apparment!

As said in an earlier post, you should just go check them both out when you arrive.. im pretty sure there is always going to be some places availible in both places!!

Hope this helps

Thank you both for your input!
    The whole family/kids thing does appeal to me although the living in the mist does not..

I think it is best we rent an serviced appartment inParkview so we can see for ourselves how living there would suit us.

Last question, is the mist caused by pollution? So would you then say that repulse does have better air quality?

Thank you all! :

Hugh2000,
    Another question concerning Repulse Bay:
    My husband has seen and likes Grand Garden, do you know it? And which complex has the same facilities as HK parkview ?
    Thanx

>> is the mist caused by pollution?

Humidity.

Parkview is only 15 mins from Wanchai/Causeway and popping down into town to run errands etc is convenient. I don't think I could do the winding road to Repulse Bay every day. Also have you thought about schools?

Know it all, thanks.

Rani, my oldest son is 2,5 years old. I thought of de woodland montessory preschool and after that..well, we are currently living in London (but dutch from origine) so i thought the ESF.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    And do you live in Parkview yourself?

Grand garden is actually in a place called South Bay which is just that little bit further than repulse bay, tho still is in the same district/area. The thing is really is that repluse bay rd basically goes from parkview all the way to stanley. So you could say you lived on repluse bay road and actually live a 5 min walk from parkview, so its quite hard to define repulse bay as an area. I say i live in repluse bay but i dont 'actually' live in the bay but on the road that goes to it.. There are 100s of appartment blocks/houses scattered along and around repulse bay rd. I would recommend that you do go stay in parkview for 1-2 months and just go out and see what is availible. You really dont need to make a decision on whether you are going to live in repulse bay or parkview right now (even tho i could argue they are in the same place(ish)^^). When you get to hong kong, get in touch with a reputable estate agent, im sure if you make a post on this forum and you will get loads of contacts given to you. Go look at some places in repluse bay.. you can get an idea of the facilities aswell.. like i said there are 100s of complexs so i can hardly start listng ones with as good facilities as parkview. Im not sure you have an accurate impression of what 'repluse bay' is, but thats understandable! Well ask anything else i will try to help

and on rani's comment about getting into town it takes the same amount of time from parkview as repluse bay imo. We have the aberdeen tunnel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast