Like Tree2Likes

mosquitos!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Residential places in HK are built solely to benefit the tycoons who own the land and the property developers (and the power companies and the appliance stores; all owned by the same people) & therefore little is done that can benefit the people that live in the rabbit hutches.

If you can change that - I'll be happy to paint you up a banner.

i don't understand given the rampant bugs/insects situation in hk installing window screens never gets to be popular- this way you can keep your window open better air ventillation save $ on ac and block out whatever insects or occasional rubbish get blown into the house..have been using both window screens and bayon for years i find thats most effective

URGENT

since you all talking about window screens for mosquitos, please could you recommend any good companies who do it for a decent price ? and who come to your house to measure the windows and so on and so on.
    Link me or send me a message with the phone number.

Last night got bitten on my balls. Bloody itchy. Teaching all day today and not possible to have a good scratch in front of the students

Eddy Mundo and wtbhotia like this.

I have magnetic mosquito screens on every window in my home: I posted the URL up in another thread. Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide, the sound of your blood pumping, your scent and dark colors, so the trick is to defeat their detection systems. DEET does the trick, but it is also extremely bad for you. I spray it on my covers if necessary, but I never spray it on my skin and I try my absolute best not to breathe it in.

If you get bitten, don't scratch! It just makes it worse. You can put some cellotape/Scotch tape over your bites and it stops the itch. I don't know about putting tape on your balls though. lol

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-03-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    You can put some cellotape/Scotch tape over your bites and it stops the itch. I don't know about putting tape on your balls though. lol
    Sounds too much like waxing for my liking.

You could always have the Mrs shave the affected area for you first.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    You could always have the Mrs shave the affected area for you first.
    Actually she did do that once, but I stopped her when the blood started to flow - and I am not joking! How she could produce so much blood with a safety razor compared to the very little produced by a surgeon with a scalpel I don't know. Perhaps there was more blood flowing in that direction when my wife was involved Too much information for you all I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Last night got bitten on my balls. Bloody itchy. Teaching all day today and not possible to have a good scratch in front of the students
    ...go on...scratch 'em...i dare you...