Where to buy: Really big needles and strong thread

Closed Thread

Where to buy: Really big needles and strong thread

Okay, this is another one of my random "where can I buy (obscure item)?" questions that usually don't get a reply, but it's worth a shot:

Does anyone know where I should go to find really heavy-duty sewing needles and nylon thread? I need to repair some sports equipment and in order to do so need to punch through some fairly tough polyester or nylon webbing (equivalent to a seat belt folded over three times).

I guess a sewing awl would also work, but that'd be even more obscure and I'd have to figure out how to use it.

three districts are good as they are the fashion supply districts:

sham shui po and prince edward have a whole bunch of supply stores.
    Also, Jordan is good but the shops are more spread out and they may not have the gage needle you need.

Thanks for that. I should have added another requirement (though surely the internet can read my mind )

Preferably on HK island, Sheung Wan - CWB as I'd prefer not to make a longer trek for... a needle. Anyone know of a good haberdashery store on the Light Side?

Can try japan home centre..

Or a shop opposite to sheungwan exit A2..used to sell lot of towels and stuffs...

Or Pottinger street have a lot of accessories stalls..like button zips...can have a try there too..