Attention U.S. citizens any anyone else. What is an easy way to get a 6 months Visa?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by diqiuren:
    Oops, forgot! No 12 month F Visas being issued at present, and they don't know when they will ever come back in.
    I think it depends on who you ask. I was told before I could only get a six month visa, but now I have a one year visa. I think I spent around 1600. I am sure now that I have gotten a one year once it will not be a problem getting it again.

I also found out that you can get a multiple entry "L" visa if you can show that you are permitted to remain in Hong Kong for at least 7 months.

thanks are the visas legit? i am a businessman and would not want to end up in a chinese prison later down the line.

Of course they are legit. If you go to China mainly for business get an F visa. If you go to China mainly for personal reasons get an L visa.

I think this thread needs to be moved to the Immigration and Visa forum.

Today I followed up and called CTSHK at their Sham Shui Po and at their Wanchai offices and inquired about getting double entry and 6 month multiple entry L visa. I got different responses from both offices.

I told them I have twice obtained single entry visa to the PRC the two previous years. American passport holder.

One office said that I need to have had 3 single or 3 double entry visas in a row before they will grant you a 6 month multiple entry visa. The other office said it is not a problem to grant me the 6 months visa.

To any extent, the cost is

$1320 for a multiple entry 6 month ($156 USD)
    $720 for a double entry ($94).

To any extent, it's cheaper to get the multiple entry visa from the States. I've called two travel agencies and they both say I will have no problem getting the 6 month visa.

Chinese consulate fees are $100 and $75 respectively. I think I will get the 6 month L visa from the States. Both agencies (including CTS USA) assure me there's no problem to obtain it and it's cheaper at $140 USD.

also, the Q1 from the Chinese embassy lists an option for 6 month multiple entry http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/zgqz/Q1-1.pdf

ABC,

If one of your parents was born in HK as a Chinese National, you can try to apply for the HK Perm. ID Card. I was born in the U.S., and I did this in February 2006 in the HK Imm. Dept., and I was approved as a "non-Chinese" HK Perm. Resident. Other people have to wait 7 years, if you meet the conditions, you can get a HK Perm. ID Card as soon as they approve your application.

Forget six months, one, and even three years multiple entries. Once you have the Perm. ID Card, you can get the APEC Business Travel Card and say bye-bye to China visas forever!!! That's right, VISA-FREE access to China. Even better, you can cross borders super fast by using the APEC designated lines. Crossing the border in Shenzhen is like a quick walk in the park for me now.

The APEC card is good for three years and you can go to any of the dozen or so APEC countries in the scheme WITHOUT A VISA and STAY for 60 days! China use to be very slow to pre-clear, but have gotten their act together recently for quick approvals.

If you don't have a parent who was born in HK as a Chinese National, you can settle in HK for 7 consecutive years (a troublesome burden) or hope that the U.S. joins the APEC travel scheme eventually.

The APEC Card is by far one of the biggest business benefits to becoming a HK Perm. Resident. for US Citizens doing traveling in China.

Last edited by seatown; 13-03-2007 at 02:28 AM.