hong kong style milk tea

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

hong kong style milk tea

Hi everyone....my name is andy. I wish to know is there any special mehtod or ingredients in brewing the hong kong style milk tea?

Silk stockings milk tea - it's other name.

I think you need carnation milk rather than 'real milk' - not that you can get real milk in hk..

and use tea leaves and strainer rather than tea bag.

do you mean yin-yang, which is the coffee and milk tea mixture?

The milk tea uses silk stockings as teabag and evaporated milk. The yin-yang is half milk tea, half coffee. For yin-yang, some people like adding condensed milk instead of sugar. I think instant ground coffee is in fashion now.

Quote Originally Posted by helles:
    not that you can get real milk in hk..
    I'm curious what you believe that the stuff is that is sold in Wellcome, ParknShop, 7-11 etc. which is labelled as "Fresh Milk" then?

What are you looking for? Straight from the cow unpasteurised?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm curious what you believe that the stuff is that is sold in Wellcome, ParknShop, 7-11 etc. which is labelled as "Fresh Milk" then?

What are you looking for? Straight from the cow unpasteurised?
    oh, it's real alright. It's also real old too, by the time u get it. It sure as eggs aint fresh, especially the imported stuff (and how much of the milk in HK is imported - 99.99%?)

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia:
    .. I think instant ground coffee is in fashion now.
    yeah, and i just LOVE that coffee mate stuff, you know, the instant 3-in-1 stuff.. my mouth so waters for that stuff...

you know how your mouth waters just before you let loose all of your breakfast, all over the table? yeah, just like that..

BTW, just a question of etiquette, whose stockings can you ask for to strain your tea?
    Last edited by dropdedfwed; 24-12-2005 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    yeah, and i just LOVE that coffee mate stuff, you know, the instant 3-in-1 stuff.. my mouth so waters for that stuff...

you know how your mouth waters just before you let loose all of your breakfast, all over the table? yeah, just like that..

BTW, just a question of etiquette, whose stockings can you ask for to strain your tea?
    I didn't say "instant 3-in-1" coffee or coffee mate, I meant the instant ground coffee made from those expensive German coffee makers costing $50000+. Many shops including Cafe de Coral have that, making expresso or cappucino.

Just expecting someone to pick on the silk stockings part. I hope they don't use old ones.

hey man, did you know dairy farm in hong kong has some kind of crazy building where the cows are stacked on top of each other? the milk is from imported breeds, friesland i think. they really feed 'em to get em to produce. lol. it's like a milk factory....they take good care of the cows, though, so milk here is expensive if ya haven't noticed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast