Switching Citizenship

  1. #1

    Switching Citizenship


    I have just become a U.S. citizen past month. However at the time of obtaining the working visa/HK ID card (6 month ago), I was still a Chinese citizen. Now my U.S. passport has no indication of having the employment visa. Anybody know how this situation should be handled, do I need to get another working visa for the U.S. passport, or somehow it can just be transferred? Thank you.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003

    Take your paperwork to immigration and they should be able to switch it for you. Takes an hour or so.

  3. #3

    where is the immigration? is that the same place u get the ID card? tks!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2005

    Yes they are the same place.