Harbour Plaza Resort

Harbour Plaza Resort

Does anyone know the Harbour Plaza Resort in Tin Shui Wai? I'm thinking of living in a serviced flat there for two months while working in Tuen Mun. The rent ranges from $9000-10,000 a month depending on the size of the flat. What's the surrounding area like? Would commuting to Tuen Mun Town Centre be a problem in the morning rush?

I did a day's work in the hotel last March, adjudicating for a Music Festival in one of their conference rooms downstairs.

The hotel seemed fine, all very new, but the surrounding area, as I remember, was just blocks of flats. I'm sure there'd be nothing to do there, but there was a smallish shopping mall nearby, with one or two restaurants. The trams stop just over the road and you could go to Tuen Mun by tram, or connect with the KCR West Rail. So, I don't think commuting to Tuen Mun would be a problem.

It's more a matter of what you want to do with your evenings or time off.

Music Teacher

Thanks for your input. I like to go hiking in my spare time. The area around the hotel looks suitably green (Central Park?) so I think it would be a good spot to live. I also like the fact that I'd have access to TST and the airport in 30 mins. It would be handy to be able to catch a movie or a meal in the Ginza Shopping Centre too. It's good news that Tuen Mun is an easy commute.

I have stayed at the Harbour Plaza in TSW. it is very nice for what it is. staff are great. facilities good. location awesome. the resort has 2 shuttle buses that go direct to hankow rd or the airport, so in addition to the KCR you've got those options too, which are AWESOME. after a night in town, jump on the minbus and sleep till u get home. the area around TSW is very residential, not lots to do. but as access to the "outside" is easy, who cares? great place for a short stay. seems to be a lots of expats there too, likely on short stays.

commuting to TM easy peasy. trams and trains are full but frequent, so no problems. meals in the Ginza are ok, not huge choice. best to go out of TSW for nice food, but what is in the ginza is good for a quick fuss free dinner...

Last edited by dropdedfwed; 02-01-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out! BTW, I'll be deciding between a standard suite or a deluxe suite. The difference is $1000. Which of these did you stay in, and for one person, is the standard one adequate?

think it was standard. was just less than 9k/month. good size queen(?) bed, TV etc. ok fridge, nice bath room. there's essentially 2 "rooms" as you can slide a glas divider between the bed and "lounge" room (has a 2-3seater sofa/bed). small dining table in lounge room. tiny but quite functional kitchen with elec hotplates. ok for easy food, but can only put one wok or 2 small saucepans on at one time. CAN'T open windows (well, you can, theres an allen key/hex-key lock you can undo, but you're not supposed to) so ventilation is limited.

they're essentially one big long room with a bathroom stuck in the corner. for what they are, they're good value. just enough room for 2 people max, 1 person good if you spend most the day out and about.

for 2 months, you cant really go wrong, IMHO.

Last edited by dropdedfwed; 02-01-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Your description of the room sounds like the deluxe room as described in the hotel's website. It's now renting for $9,000, quite reasonable value these days in HK. I now have a sense of the size of the room and think it's plenty for me. I'm going to go with it. Thanks for your help.