p2p bad, cleanflix good ????? shocking story !!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yeah i guess its cool to do this.
    hey maybe next we can edit out all those blacks and jews from our favorite films too.

after all....one of those companies already started editing out all homosexual references.

this could be a great tool for us in the future for editing out all films so we are only left with 2 white people talking about jesus at the dinner table. sounds good to me

just in case you missed it....

my last post was sarcastic.....i have no hate for blacks or jews or homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> as an artist, you become connected with your work. whether it be a painting, a photograph, a movie, a song, etc.

Then for christs sake ... don't get a studio involved. Turn into a starving indie artist.
    Actually, copywrite law prevents artists from becoming starving artists. Artists are connected to their work both financially AND creatively. Theft of creative work is still theft.

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart:
    They buy 1 original version of a DVD or CD and then go on to edit out sex, violence, gore, etc. They then turn around and burn these films and sell them to stores and online for profit.

The difference? p2p is free, while cleanFlicks charges money.
    Where does the money go? not to the movie companies. not to the directors, actors or producers. the money goes to the cleanflicks people only.

They feel they have purchased one original film, therefore they are giving to the movie companies.
    What you wrote is wrong. For every edited movie they sell, they have bought 1 non-edited version. It is a ration of 1:1.

As for downloading song/movies/games, the industry is still approaching it in the wrong way. It is here to stay, so they should embrace it and find a way to use it to their advantage instead of using lawsuits. Bottom line is if the music/movie/game you produced is good enough, people will pay for it. 50 cent became popular by word-of-mouth downloading off the net. In 2005 he sold 5 million albums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2