Like Tree14Likes

Chinese race superiority....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

i understand but disagree that we should pretend that all races are the same. the reality, as pointed out by a nobel prize winning scientist that races are in fact genetically all different in terms of intelligence and physical strength. there are execeptions in every race, but statistically speaking and in reality, the generalizations and stereotypes that many liberals brag about actually do hold true to a very large extent.

for example, because of such political correctness (which i think is at false) in the west, you don't often get to see hot and young female flight crew members on western airlines as supposed to east asian airlines that are less sensitive with the pc issue and intentionally pick the young and hot females as flight attendants.

we chinese do NOT consider any people better than us. be it white/brown/black. throughout history, we've always thought the han is the most superior race on earth.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is amazing that the German thought their Aryan race was the most superior; the Brits thought their Anglo-Saxon race was most superior; now this guy thinks his Hans race is most superior and oh, don't forget the Japanese..... so how many superior races are there in this world? With so many "superiors", don't they all boil down to, we are all at the same level?

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    just so you know my background:

i studied chinese history in uni. i am quite aware of how chinese thought in the past. anyone not chinese was considered "barbarian"... HOWEVER, your reluctance to accept that intelligence is an INDIVIDUAL characteristic and NOT a racial one, only highlights two things:
    1) just how unintelligent YOU are and;
    2) just how badly this thinking hurt the chinese nation in the past.

ps> i'm also married to a chinese man.

studying chinese or knowing chinese doens't mean you know the chinese culture.

i speak four different chinese dialects and english all fluently, but that doesn't mean jack.

people have to stop thinking they automatically know the culture when they know the language.
    for example, the canadians and americans, although share the same language, actually do have very different cultures in many areas. even different provinces of china or different parts of the usa (south vs north) have different cultures.

just because you are married to a chiness mean, it doesn't make you autmoatically an expert in chinese culture. neither does being chinese.

i know a lot about china and chinese people not because i am chinese. i've lived in different parts of china for many years. when i mean living in china, i don't mean living in china as a foreigner. i can even speak mandarin, cantonese or the wu dialect (shanghainese) in different accents to pretend as a local of certain areas that no one can tell.
    Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renotommy:
    we chinese do NOT consider any people better than us. be it white/brown/black. throughout history, we've always thought the han is the most superior race on earth.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is amazing that the German thought their Aryan race was the most superior; the Brits thought their Anglo-Saxon race was most superior; now this guy thinks his Hans race is most superior and oh, don't forget the Japanese..... so how many superior races are there in this world? With so many "superiors", don't they all boil down to, we are all at the same level?
    i personally have no problem with whatever jack the germans thought other than they were simply wrong. they were descendants of the barbaric race in the forest of germania, and hitler was an idiot by fighting a war on all fronts.

for the japanese, for the majority of mankind's history, they were a vassal state of china or treated the chinese emperor as an overlord. their emperor had to and still has to follow chinese tradition when naming imperial titles and eras. their names are written in chinese. most of their nouns are written in chinese. it's because of the manchus, china became weak. and, the japanese were able to take advantage of that. and yet, in a bigger picture, china has been the dominant power of all east asia for the longest period of time in the history of mankind.

a chinese can write to a japanese in chinese and a japanese can understand most of it. a japanese cannot write to a chinese in japanese symbols as a chinese will not understand jack. japanese people learn chinese characters while chinese people don't learn any japanese symbols. this is a result of what i just stated. when you look at history, you should judge based upon a bigger picture. i know that people tend to focus on a certain part of it when it is more recent. but, china had the past and, whether you want it or not, will have the future.
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 20-02-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sino Defender:
    for the past 20 centuries, china was the most advanced nation and the largest economy in the world in 18 of them until the manchus came in. as long as china was under han administration, it was the most advanced and richest nation on earth. that kinda thinking was among the chinese for the majority of the past 20 centuries, and china became lagged behind only after the manchu dynasty was established by voilence. during that 260 or so years of manchu rule, china lost the most advanced nation status and it was during those years that the han superiority complex was oppressed.

yet, china is ruled by the hans again now, and as trends suggest, it is going to be the leading nation again just like the majority of the past 5,000 years.

if you look at the world's history in a big pic, china has been the most advanced nation for the majority of its history, and it's likely to be so again within your lifetime.

history tells us it is in fact quite the opposite of what you stated. it's this kinda thinking that made china powerful in the past, and it's also the lack of this kinda thinking that made it weak.

This is a joke right? Do you write comic books for a living?

Believing in one's own superiority would lead to the refusal to learn anything from "inferior" cultures, no? Then why is China copying so much western and Japanese technology? Do you believe they can get to where they are now without learning from others? And by seeking to learn/copy others, does that not imply a sense of inferiority?
    Last edited by Eddy Mundo; 20-02-2010 at 01:43 PM.

i don't purport to be an expert in chinese culture, but neither am i completely ignorant of it.

ps> white people don't hold a monopoly on the ability to teach english. english is the mother tongue of many races... it is local ignorance that believes that ONLY white people can teach english well.

Actually the Chinese are the longest surviving civilisation on this planet ... Gone are the Egyptians, Persians, Romans, Minoans, and loads more. They've invented loads of new stuff ... Like paper, fireworks and of course MONEY ... LOL!

Are the Chinese more superior ... Nah. I like to think so, but they are the most populous ... 1/5th of the world's population is Chinese.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    This is a joke right? Do you write comic books for a living?
    this is not a joke. china was indeed the largest economy in 18 of the past 20 centuries. you can google it.

"For centuries, China stood the leading civilization, outpacing the rest of the world."
    this is direct quote from the CIA factbook.

We had compass, paper, printing, gunpowder, earthmeters in time before christ for christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sino Defender:
    this is not a joke. china was indeed the largest economy in 18 of the past 20 centuries. you can google it.

"For centuries, China stood the leading civilization, outpacing the rest of the world."
    this is direct quote from the CIA factbook.

We had compass, paper, printing, gunpowder, earthmeters in time before christ for christ's sake.

I meant you believing that the Han is superior and all that jazz. Sounds like something you see at the beginning of a martial hero flick.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i don't purport to be an expert in chinese culture, but neither am i completely ignorant of it.

ps> white people don't hold a monopoly on the ability to teach english. english is the mother tongue of many races... it is local ignorance that believes that ONLY white people can teach english well.
    english is the mother tongue of many races. that's true, but that doesn't change how chinese people view it. i tried to explain to you the mentality of chinese parents. i know it for a fact that there are people of all races who can speak better english than some white people whose first language is or isn't english. BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE WHAT CHINESE PARENTS THINK.

i am telling you chinese parents would prefer someone who looks like an english to teach english regardless of her or his qualifications just because english, as its word states, is an language of the english.

the same rule would apply to any other languages. chinese parents would prefer a japanese who cannot speak japanese to teach their kids japanese to a japanese-born white.
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 20-02-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast