Like Tree14Likes

Chinese race superiority....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

If China is so superior why would any good Chinese want their kids to learn the languages of inferior people at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    I meant you believing that the Han is superior and all that jazz. Sounds like something you see at the beginning of a martial hero flick.
    that would depend on what area you are talking about.

if you are talking about intelligence, the highest average iq goes to the population of shanghai with an average iq of 109.4 according to IQ and the Wealth of Nations. hk's average iq is 107, and the top nations are all east asian nations followed by european nations.

there are exceptions of course, but on average, east asians do have higher iqs.

in terms of physical strength, black and white people are indeed more physically able, proven by the % of black nba players vs other races.

there are exceptions of course. don't quote me yao ming, but while being the minority in the usa, the majority of nba players is in fact of african origin.
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 20-02-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If China is so superior why would any good Chinese want their kids to learn the languages of inferior people at all?
    there's a chinese saying: "to learn from the barbarians in order to control the barbarians"

師夷之長技以制夷

being the most superior race doesn't mean there's no need of learning. there's always something to learn, but the chinese just happen to be the best learners on average.

according to sunzhi's art of war,
    if you know very well of yourself and your rivals, you are to win 100 out of 100 battles.
    if you only know very well of yourself but not your rivals, you are to win half of the 100 battles.
    if you don't know very well of yourself nor your rivals, you are to lose every of the 100 battles.

"知己知彼 百战不殆
    不知彼而知己 一胜一负
    不知彼 不知己 每战必殆"

sorry for the amount of classical chinese i've written here. but hell, i just love it. if you know chinese, it's a world of fun and enjoyment to read classical chinese with all the rhythms and meanings.
    Last edited by Sino Defender; 20-02-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Sino Defender:

I don't want to get into an argument about the superiority of the Han Chinese, but I really do just want to point out that the book you quoted when talking about different average IQs in different regions of the world ("IQ and the Wealth of Nations" by Richard Lynn) has been heavily criticized for its poor methodology. You can read about those criticisms here: IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

ArKay likes this.

Wars are caused by confusion and misunderstandings, language barriers, cultural misunderstandings, and ethnocentrisim causes more wars than greed.

But as the world evolves and grows into the 21st century, shouldnt we as a people as humans learn from our mistakes and set aside our differences and work towards a brighter and better future?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, I think I read it somewhere that throughout history religions have caused more wars and deaths than any other causes.

Unfortunately no, obviously we still haven't learned yet.

Last edited by Renotommy; 20-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sino Defender:
    i know that people tend to focus on a certain part of it when it is more recent. but, china had the past and, whether you want it or not, will have the future.
    You are incorrect, not in your assertion (which is an opinion at best), but in the idea of ethnic superiority itself.

Every civilisation has had its Golden Ages and its Dark Ages and the Chinese have seen theirs.

What you have described is such a period of prolonged welfare, prosperity and advancement. Unfortunately, being smarter or stronger than the average hardly matters on such a scale, and that line of thinking is dangerously shallow. The attributes are chiefly circumstantial.

For example, if you are engaged in a fist fight with a dude twice your size who, for whatever reason, loses a big toe you may emerge the victor. To say that you are/were stronger however, would be a misrepresentation of the truth. Or if you are the only average student in a class of high-level autistic students, you may outscore them in a simple spelling or arithmetic test. That doesn't actually say much at all about your intelligence, however smart you may indeed be.

Regardless of your strengths and/or skill sets, circumstances (unrelated constraints and weaknesses) can and will catch up to you.

Ramifications, of prosperity and advancements in this day and age, such as let's say genetic mutation and disintegration due to prolonged multi-generational exposure to types of radiation and pollution, will not show up until much, much further down the road and none of us here will be around to witness this.

I would regard the two centuries preceding the last decade as the Dark Ages of Chinese civilisation. Certain events and decisions made by a select few may have been the cause of that, but if that hadn't happened I suspect that we would have seen a much different China today and that the political and economic landscape around the world would have been quite different. But we will never know.

Therefore, you cannot deny that the present as well as future success of the Chinese will have always been on the coat tails of the advancement and innovations of the West, or in other words, borrowed/stolen technology.
    Posted via Mobile Device

This is a joke right? Do you write comic books for a living?

Believing in one's own superiority would lead to the refusal to learn anything from "inferior" cultures, no? Then why is China copying so much western and Japanese technology? Do you believe they can get to where they are now without learning from others? And by seeking to learn/copy others, does that not imply a sense of inferiority?
    But don't you see? It's actually very smart - let others invest in R&D and waste their time, then just copy the final product. Brilliant plan that only a race of superior intelligence can come up with!

5000 years of Chinese culture - the same 50 years a hundred times repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sino Defender:
    if you are talking about intelligence, the highest average iq goes to the population of shanghai with an average iq of 109.4 according to IQ and the Wealth of Nations. hk's average iq is 107, and the top nations are all east asian nations followed by european nations.

there are exceptions of course, but on average, east asians do have higher iqs.

in terms of physical strength, black and white people are indeed more physically able, proven by the % of black nba players vs other races.
    This may well be what Chinese people think, but it's this kind of simplistic thinking that leads to discrimination, and treating other people as less than human. It can only lead to bad things.

It is better, and fairer, to judge people on individual merit, instead of on their racial background.

It is better, and fairer, to judge people on individual merit, instead of on their racial background.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only if this were a perfect world which is not unfortunately.

This is a joke right? Do you write comic books for a living?

Believing in one's own superiority would lead to the refusal to learn anything from "inferior" cultures, no? Then why is China copying so much western and Japanese technology? Do you believe they can get to where they are now without learning from others? And by seeking to learn/copy others, does that not imply a sense of inferiority?
    steady on. China is a space age powerhouse having just recently put a man in space...50 years after the yanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast