Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Central Oasis Survey

Closed Thread

Central Oasis Survey

Ok yesterday i was ranting, today something more constructive

Must be part of our government's public consultations (well hidden as always).

Revitalize the central area as per Donal's plan. Please fill in the survey

The Central Oasis

These guys at Facebook who live on Staunton and who renovated their flats don't much like it.

Stop the Urban Renewal Authority from Destroying Soho in Hong Kong.

The photos of this guy's place on Staunton street in the SCMP were even better than this one. I read his stuff on his Facebook page and it appears one of their issues is that they are knocking their buildings down and many owners did major upgrades. Some flats though are owned by the Urban Renewal Authority (according to this person) and of course won't be fixed up and other owners are afraid of this and didn't bother as they waited to see the final solution.

They are asking at that site for submissions to the URA to block the demolition. As I walk that way a lot on my home, I think from the outside the opponents have a point.

This guy's flat is one of these redone and it looks pretty awesome to me!

Last edited by Football16; 26-02-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Er, true, but completely separate from Central Oasis, which is the old Central Market site at the bottom of the escalator.

Football16 likes this.

You're right. I am a techo screw up and wanted to post that link on the married police thread... good catch there PDLM. So focused on how to do it, I was not careful where I put it.

Yes, they want to preserve some things which is great and that Central Market while not a pretty building in and of itself is an example of keep it and turn it into an 'oasis' and do the same with the old police living place and yet knock down some decent old buildings across the street, the like of which is in the story on the wrong thread... I 'd delete it if I could and put it over to the other thread.

I did the survey as others should too.

Last edited by Football16; 26-02-2010 at 11:32 AM.