Good Quality Printing in Hong Kong / China

Closed Thread

Good Quality Printing in Hong Kong / China

Hello list

I need to get some brochures and exhibition guides (2000 copies, ~50 pages, colour, A5, glue binding) printed and need to find a good, reliable and reasonably priced printer.

If anyone could put me in touch with one either in HK or across the border (Shenzhen / Guangzhou) that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Asia One

We have had printing done in Shenzhen and in Hong Kong. I've heard there are great printers in Shenzhen, but my experience has been that if you want reliability, great quality, and expert service, stick with a Hong Kong company.

Try Asia One, a relatively small Hong Kong company with a fantastic graphics team. They printed Sotheby's catalogues and lots of corporate year-end reports. Ask for Suzzette Pang, very helpful (and English speaking). Asia One is located in Chai Wan (last MTR stop on HK Island's east side). Here's their website: www.asiaone.com.hk

One major benefit is that they have CTP (computer to print) service for a small fee, resulting in savings in time and money. We used a low-end printer before, then discovered it was cheaper to go to this higher-quality printer, because of CTP. (no need to create slides)

You should get a quote from Shenzhen to compare the prices to Hong Kong, but remember that you may be sacrificing some quality in both printing results and service. Things to watch for are: paper quality (even with the same thickness, we've had brochures from mainland that warp instantly in HK humidity), sloppiness in printing (inconsistent color management, cheap inks that discolor with time, dirty machines, misaligned pages), and technology (limited file formats they can accept). You may have to work harder to get the same results. If money is more of a concern than quality, then try Shenzhen, but just stay more involved in the process.

Good luck!

Creative Printing I have found to be very reasonable and accommodating. Ask for Ken Poon.

Good luck,

Thanks guys.

Do you have contact details for Ken Poon?

852-2405-2666- Ken Poon

Good luck.

Thanks very much for that!