Cannabis legislation

Closed Thread

Cannabis legislation

Hey, I would like to know what is the legislation concerning cannabis in hong kong. Is it legal to grow it if you don't use it and what happens if you are caught growing it?

Chapter: 134
    Title: DANGEROUS DRUGS ORDINANCE
    Section: 9
    Heading: Cultivation of and dealing in cannabis plant and opium poppy
    Version Date: 30/06/1997

(1) No person shall cultivate any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy[...]
    (2) No person shall, on his own behalf or on behalf of any other person, whether or not such other person is in Hong Kong-
    (a) supply or procure or offer to supply or procure;
    (b) in any way deal in or with or offer or purport to deal in or with; or
    (c) import into or export from Hong Kong or do an act preparatory to or for the purpose of such importing or exporting,

any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy, whether or not the same is in Hong Kong or is ascertained or appropriated or in existence.
    [...]
    (5) Any person who contravenes any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction on indictment to a fine of $100000 and to imprisonment for 15 years.

Last edited by PDLM; 08-01-2006 at 07:04 PM.

You're however allowed to use the poppy as your logo.

You can get in a SHITLOAD of trouble for even possessing it here....a joint can get you a week of jail. If you're not a permanent resident, they might deport you while they're at it. Something to keep in mind. If you're gonna do it, don't tell ANYONE about it.

And yet..... you get offers in clubs for coke and canabis like they got it from the 7/11

2 bad we're not in holland...

but I am

I visited Holland this year...it was a lot of fun