Moving FROM HK - any moving company recommendations?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If any relo company charges for a survey do not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    wingerika --- yeah and I've just heard horror stories about you overcharging one of our members and Matt not returning her calls.

Lets face it, I would have never brought this up, until you came in and started spamming our forums.

Fix your inhouse problems first please.
    Aww- wish you hadn't edit out their company name then!

Well, hopefully the message got across.

reliable moving company

Nowadays, relocation has become an essential part of modern life. Be it for professional reasons or the personal ones, people do relocate often in their lives. There are a lot of moving companies to help you. But choosing the right moving company can reduce half the stress that one usually has to undergo while planning for a move. Search for the company history, profilers and client’s testimonials to find the best moving company!

I moved back from HK to the US about a year ago and used Columbia. DO NOT USE THEM. Very lousy service. The quote they have given me was about 30% less than the actual bill. Also, they told me that I was only responsible for any US tax incurred as the quote they have given me included all handling fees - HK and US. When our shipment arrived in the US, the US shipping office would not release our boxes until we pay them a handling charge. We told Columbia about this, but they refused to reimburse us. I am planning to file a complaint against them when I return to HK this summer. (Even though the handling fee was about US$250, it's the principal that counts!!!)

I have used Santa Fe a few years ago for a shipment from Singapore to the US. They are expensive, but they are worth it.