Moving FROM HK - any moving company recommendations?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving FROM HK - any moving company recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations on good International moving companies in HK? We're moving from HK back to USA in a few months. I realize most people who've already moved won't be reading these threads anymore, but maybe if you had a good experience moving IN, I figure it's a good company to move OUT. Let me know....I've heard of Santa Fe & Links...both more on the pricey side I think...

definitely not crown. i used them a couple of times and they don't offer value for money. both times my experience was frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by nina_70:
    Does anyone have recommendations on good International moving companies in HK? We're moving from HK back to USA in a few months. I realize most people who've already moved won't be reading these threads anymore, but maybe if you had a good experience moving IN, I figure it's a good company to move OUT. Let me know....I've heard of Santa Fe & Links...both more on the pricey side I think...

you moving to USA it would be better if you use MAERSKSEALAND SHIPPING serivce its a door to door delivery. 100% as i was working in that company before that 1997 to 2000. i resign as were on same problem moving place its bit of trouble. good luck

There is a wide range of costs you could end up paying- but generally you should bear in mind that these are your personal belongings and memories. Things like TV's can be replaced (if you have insurance) but pictures, momentoes, all these things will only get to the other end if they're well packed and taken care of.
    When a relocation company gives you a quote, ask them to say that the cost will not go up more than 10% of the quoted price- if they wont do that- walk away. A lot of companies go in cheaper but all of a sudden you get hidden costs. By this stage they generally have your stuff in their warehouse or you are ready for transit.

Oh, and by all costs avoid a company called Eagle Logistics. They've been sued by atleast half a dozen people we're aware of.

I could tell you some horror stories I've heard from these folks (some of them are our members)... bait and switch takes on a new meaning when a moving company has your deposit AND your belongings.

Asian Tigers

I've used Asian Tigers 3 times and they do a great job.
    They do everything for you and are very efficent and not
    as expensive as Santa Fe. Also, i heard that they donate a part
    of their profit to help endangered tigers or something...

Thanks everyone for the great responses. Turns out we're not moving from HK after all so I'll be happily staying and posting on this forum for many more months! However, I'll keep these companies in mind for the day we do move.

For anybody else who's looking at this forum, while I was searching I looked into Santa Fe and Links. Santa Fe seemed very expensive...definitely high-end although I'm sure they do a good job. Links came in cheaper and seemed decent (although we never completed the move, so don't know how they actually operate). Links also gave Asia Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by nina_70:
    hi there,
    did you spoke to MAERSKSEALAND yet. will if its not then i don't have any recomendations besides that. tell them its personal effects it will give the basice rate not commercial rate charge.

Hey, how you doing? Actually, i am working in a relocation company, called <snip>!! we give excellent price and great services. We do not charge for survey, so check it out: <snip>

wingerika --- yeah and I've just heard horror stories about you overcharging one of our members and Matt not returning her calls.

Lets face it, I would have never brought this up, until you came in and started spamming our forums.

Fix your inhouse problems first please.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast