Like Tree1Likes

Who are those guys?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

And you might not be a Baptist today!

Speaking of knocking on doors...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58wgn-9Y3c"]YouTube- John Safran Atheist door knocking skit[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    at least we don't get jenova witnesses like in UK, well, if there is any in hk, at least they don't knock on people doors and preach to you.
    Yes we do. I've had them twice at different flats.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes we do. I've had them twice at different flats.
    No, they are really iCable salespeople but they think if they pretend to be Jehovah Witnesses they will get a better response

They are definitely not Mormons. When I said causal, I really mean it, something like t-shirt and cargo short. They are all Caucasians targeting English speaking travelers and asking them to do some kind of survey, which, the same method used by local Chinese for luring people for those so call timeshare schemes.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    No, they are really iCable salespeople but they think if they pretend to be Jehovah Witnesses they will get a better response
    *gigglesnort*

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I have heard of time share / cheap apartment scams in Nathan Road and around the Star Ferry. They bus them out up Gold Coast way.
    They've approached us a couple of times asking us whether we are visitors and whether we've heard of the Gold Coast. Always politely to b*r off. I have watched them sending people off in cabs. So never quite figured out what they were, but IMHO definitely not God Squad.
    Last edited by Allicat; 22-03-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: an addition

yes, there are JWs in hk. (hate to say it, but, my brother-in-law is one... and i HAVE seen them (not BIL) come round to our village.

Quote Originally Posted by Allicat:
    They've approached us a couple of times asking us whether we are visitors and whether we've heard of the Gold Coast. Always politely to b*r off. I have watched them sending people off in cabs. So never quite figured out what they were, but IMHO definitely not God Squad.
    Organised by Moving007 (using her new name) to try and sell her boat. Dire economic situations require drastic action.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I don't think I would be inclined to get into a taxi at the behest of someone with a clipboard in a tourist area. I wonder whether there are many "takers".

Nah these are fkin scumbag touts for the Indian tailors. They are now hiring Russians and Eastern European travellers to do their dirty work. Good thing is the cops have started checking their id's of late after receiving numerous complaints.

The mormons are around but don't really bother people much. As for the Children of God/ Music with meaning..they are long gone and most of the ringleaders are in prison for molesting kids. They had a base in HK and Macau back in the late 80's.