coin exchange with cash...

Closed Thread

coin exchange with cash...

There's a huge pile of coins ( 10s and 20s) and they don't seem to get in use anywhere. I mean i would like to exchange them for cash; i did with the 50's coins at 7-11. But when i showed them the 10's and 20's, they were already refusing to exchange.

Where could i exchange them,could anyone tell me?? when i took the coins to the Bank Of china,the teller said,they cannot exchange and that i can only deposit them in my account.Bah!!

What's wrong with depositing them? They will give you plastic bags for $100 of each denomination.

If you're an old woman and at Park'n'Shop, you could stand in front of me at the checkout and pay for your groceries with them one-by-one. It always seems to happens, so I might as well just go with it.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by GERRY101101:
    If you're an old woman and at Park'n'Shop, you could stand in front of me at the checkout and pay for your groceries with them one-by-one. It always seems to happens, so I might as well just go with it.
    I had one do that (the coins were in little bags) and then she disputed the amount with the cashier - WHO THEN HAD TO COUNT THE WHOLE DARN LOT AGAIN! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

idea!!

You are right!! Many shops refuse these coins, because the shops getting a huge pile of coins will be charged by Bank when they want to exchange the coins. However, you can use the coins by tram and bus. It is very good to use it in ticket vendors in MTR and vending machine.

I hope my suggestion can help you!!!!

Indeed - if you just throw a heap of 10/20c coins into the bin on a bus there is obviously no way in practice that the bus driver can judge whether they constitute the correct fare. That system depends to a large extent on trust. Whether you wish to breach that trust only you can decide. But what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by GERRY101101:

COINAGE ORDINANCE
    ... be legal tender for payment as follows- (Amended 68 of 1999 s. 3)
    (a) for coins of denominations of not less than $1, for the payment of an amount not exceeding $100;
    (b) for coins of denominations of less than $1, for the payment of an amount not exceeding $2.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.