I.T. Help!!

Closed Thread

I.T. Help!!

Hi
    We have bust our Apple PC. My husband bought a very cheap (too good to be true) Iphone from Beijing and plugged it into our PC and now nothing works and we have lost everything. Can anyone come and take a look? Can anyone help??
    Thanks

Welcome to the world of Shanzai phones!

Does "nothing works" mean the Apple computer won't even turn on?

There is an Apple service center in Mong Kok, you could just take it there to let them have a look (it's free as far as I know). They also have a within 4h on-site service for desktop computers.

CASE - Apple Authorized Service Centre

If it's truly damaged (hardware), you could at least take out the hard drive and make a backup. This is recommended anyway, because repair centers won't care if your data is gone or not, so you never know what you get back.

Last edited by 100LL; 06-04-2010 at 09:54 AM.

First of all, is it a software or hardware problem. I doubt anyone can help you "take a look" if its hardware related. Basically unlike a PC, Mac are more of an unknown species and not many people can mod a Mac on the hardware front. That's why most people in IT prefer a normal PC, so they can look after it and upgrade it themselves.

Anyways, your only option is to take it to an Apple service centre, but not sure what help that will do, cos a lot of these service centre's do not have parts, so they will still have to send off your PC to get it fixed.

Apple Authorized Retailer - D&G Lifestyle store in IFC, Times square...etc

Tell them the problem, they might be able to help you with the "Beijing Iphone"

Apple - Authorized Service Provider

I've used Senco- they were professional, if not particularly fast. Like all things Apple, they were not cheap.

Sazzy- unless you have a friend who knows how to support Macs, your best bet really is to take it to a repair place and pay proper money to get it fixed.