Like Tree5Likes

yogayoga's sudden closing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ok, but THAT is not what we are talking about!

we are talking about someone who spent $8000 on a yoga membership. she now has NOTHING because the place went out of business.... other yoga studios have now offered to take over her membership... THAT is better than the alternative, which is what she has now... NOTHING.

now, if you want to compare hotties vs not so hotties... that is completely different! LOL~

You all remember when the " crash " happened and all the beauty places where closing with people losing deposits paid for treatments.

The Consumer Council, HKG and Trade Association etc etc all bent over backwards to help. In this case then the answer is clear. Get the Tai Tai's interested in Yoga, make it relevant to the the rich and famous. Then " the bosses " will get so much grief over the Congee and Apple Daily that they will do all they can to have a quite life back again.

Merc and Mink Power !!

Consumer Council can't do shit. I'm infact surprised they don't have a backbone and tell consumers that they're basically living in lala land and to stop wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Consumer Council can't do shit. I'm infact surprised they don't have a backbone and tell consumers that they're basically living in lala land and to stop wasting their time.
    Blunt, but oh so true. Consumers have no rights in Hong Kong. A person that buys an apartment is a consumers also, just spending a lot more money. Consumers will never have any real rights in Hong Kong.

Well, beyond all of that, the consumer council has no statutory / legal authority to do anything.

I had a good laugh over the weekend reading the feedback emails on Geoexpat where some clown was going to call the consumer council and report us for banning her. Do you think the CC would tell her to stop wasting everyone's time and get a life? I doubt it .. they like to propagate the myth that the CC matters.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

shri, I mentioned that the OP's sister should contact the CC because it may have the information about the legal contact which was posted on the door of the company, which presumably the sister didn't see.

But you're right, the CC is powerless until the government decides to go against the demands of businesses in Hong Kong and actually give consumers some rights.