Like Tree2Likes

Legally changing your name - Brit national

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2003

    Sure, and the easiest way to find out what the UK Govt accepts/needs would be to ask the British Consulate directly, whether on-line, by giving them a call or asking in person as per your preference. They'll tell you what is accepted and what other supporting documents you need to take.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2006

    The consulate requires an additional 3 forms of identity that show your new name. For example a driving license and utility bills. You will need to effect a change in those first and take them with you when you apply for a new passport. If you don't have the 3 backups as proof then they may not accept your deed poll, regardless of where it was issued.

    [edit: I know this because a friend has just done exactly this - and used an online company for the deed poll]