shopping in ShenZhen

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

my friends ask me to go to Shenzhen for the food too, but Bert made it sound so scary hehe...just like in movies..

btw, Kathleen, are u in hk rite now?? everything is ok? i mean ur study??
    i hope i will get the student visa in early january..and will come to hk after that..

hi bert,

well, i don't think shenzhenis that scary. beside have the bf with me. except I have to tell him to pretend that I am a stranger when I am bargaining otherwise I might just get ripped off. then again, according to my best friend, her bf got a better deal bargaining than she did and he is an aussie.

nevertheless... shenzhen... HERE I COME.

and pizzamui,

hey your advice was really a good help.

and sugar, nope I am only going over to HK next month.

Hey Kathleen,

No problem. I was wary when I first went to Shenzhen, but many trips later, it really grows on you!!... especially if you're a frugal food fanatic. At least I love to eat nonstop everywhere I visit.

Kathleen, have u got the student visa? and now ur just waitin for the course to start right?

yup... got my student visa.

hey I LOVE FOOD TOO.. and of all types... jap, thai, spanish, french, swedish, german, viet, chinese, australian, and even british..

somehow people alway complain about british food.. but i think that they are actually pretty good... esp stew...

not to mention north indian.. sigh.... going to miss the food in singapore

apparently accprding to lonely planet, there is a cuban restaurant in HK. going to try that one with the bf when he is in HK in dec.

too bad living in service apartment then, can't whip up a storm... haven't cooked for a year since I was back in Singapore. the maid does the cooking...

anyway, landing in HK on 14/12

hey sugar, when are you going over?

Kathleen, did u have any obstacles applying for the student visa? was it easy? how long did it take u? u applied at the China Embassy in tanglin or what?? i'm very concerned lah, dunno if its easy for a vietnamese like me...
    i mean if i got a letter of acceptance from a school in hk and got a local sponsor, and done the paperwork, they dont have any reason not to give me the visa rite??

if everything goes smoothly i think i will have the student visa before 15th Jan..but i will spend christmas there from 14th - 28th Dec..

btw, thanks for all ur replies

I didn't have a problem as I applied in HK. But applying in Singapore shouldn't have a problem.

It takes 4 weeks to process the visa though.

The only problem I foresee is that you are studying in a commercial school instead of a proper university. Like I said perhaps you should try for an associate degree.

Also, the application depends on your relationship with your sponsor ie is he/she a relative and also on the financial standing of the sponsor.

Maybe I'm being a bit silly, but the Japanese man loosing his wife is real since he's a friend of mine.

Thumbs up Shenzhen/Zhuhai

Hi Shri
    This Zhuhai trip sounds great!!Need some more info on this pleez, such as visa, ferry etc.How long does it take to reach there..?
    Thanks!!

Hi Kathleen,
    There is a book on Shenzhen shopping:
    "Shop In Shenzhen -An Insider's Guide"
    By Ellen McNally.
    http://shopinshenzhen.com/

ldmonica, you're going to be better off calling a travel agent.